Laguna GP Torrent????

I would really appreciate it if someone would maybe post me a link to a bit torrent for the Laguna Seca Moto GP race. I am lousy at this bit torrent thing so I am just looking for a link to click on to be able to see the race. I am so pissed off that I forgot to tape it. I was sidetracked with the guy picking up the car on Sunday that I totally forgot about it. I am not looking for race results so please do not spoil. Thanks, Billy.

I have tried, and been totally unsuccessful....BUT, with the new laptop, I think that I'm able to x-fer from my DVR to a file that I could then send ya....unfortunately, I'm in Tuba City and not on the homefront....

I'll let you know if I'm successful.

do you have any tips/tricks on how torrrent is supposed to work? I'll admit that I have not had that much exposure to it, but I'd just be interested in seeing older races, but I can never get it to get out of searching for the "seeds" or "trackers"....

Thanks,
Adam

do you have any tips/tricks on how torrrent is supposed to work? I'll admit that I have not had that much exposure to it, but I'd just be interested in seeing older races, but I can never get it to get out of searching for the \"seeds\" or \"trackers\"....

Thanks,
Adam

I know, same here. This friggin torrent thing is like mumbo jumbo to me. Everyone talks about how simple it is but sometimes it's easier for someone to actually walk you through it in person rather than trying to explain it. I've been building computers "ground-up" now for more than 12 years yet I can't figure out this (software) end of the biz.

I have the Laguna Seca GP downlowded. it\"s around 1 GIGA.
If you can advise me how to send it, I\"ll be glad to do so.

I'm real jealous of you. It's a shame that I haven't a clue as to how to get the file from you. It's real sad. Do they have a book "Bit Torrents for Dummies" out yet?? If not someone should write it and make a fortune on idiots like me!

Okay Adam, I think I may have it. It took a while but I may have found it. Here is the link...Moto GP 800 2009 - GP08 Laguna Seca USA 05-07-2009 (Fr) (Xor).avi | moto gp | isoHunt - the BitTorrent and P2P search engine Once you click on it you'll see the file there that says "download torrent". Before you click download, you must first download the p2p program to enable the download. There are two to choose from. I chose u-torrent. I downloaded the program making sure to uncheck all the stupid toolbars that they try and give you. Once it was done, I opened the u-torrent program, then minimized it. With the original Download.torrent still there, now click on it and you'll see the download start working in the u-torrent program. The file is 743mbs and you'll see it downloading. I'll let you know how it comes out. I have about 360mbs left to go.

I am so proud of myself. I actually did it. The only thing is that the broadcast is in French but who cares. The video is playing perfectly and it's very clear. Hooray! I hope I can find some other races this way. It seems feasable.

I"m gald you managed to download the race, here there are the once who know how to do that I"m just copying the race from them. :smokin2:

one other thought except it will cost you a few bucks... you could goto Home | The Official MotoGP Website and watch any of the motogp races... with the subscription you get access to qualifying sessions too and a live race feed... :)

Now thats a thought. I would do that only if your able to watch the feed even after the race is over. Just in case I am not home at the time the race is on. I'll have to check on that. Thanks.

with "leachers", "seeders", "trackers" -- when I downloaded uTorrent -- it made it appear that over 180 people had to be on board to be able to get the complete file. Or maybe my internet connection sucked that much!

I had missing components -- but now that I'm back home, I'll give it another go and see if I'm successful.

I gave up on the Torrent thing. I played around with it for 30 minutes and gave up. That was about the most unintuitive web site think I've been on since the early 90's. Oh well...

It appears to have been my internet connection -- and I'll leave this thing chomping away on the download for the day and see what happens this evening.

I was able to find the BBC broadcast, but over 2.5GB :eek:

It reminds me a bit of the P2P platform from Kazaa (when you were able to download music). I'll probably be designated a "leacher" for I'll grab my file and then run....oh swell....

As for the Moto GP site, they have different options for all year access, limited access, and 24 hour only access.

I also found another site -- download it all -- on different computer where you pay 15.00 (1yr) or 24.00 (2yr) but they say that download are fast and intact. Just a supped of torrent client from what I've been able to gleen in my short existence in this area....

Last edited:
It appears to have been my internet connection -- and I'll leave this thing chomping away on the download for the day and see what happens this evening.

I was able to find the BBC broadcast, but over 2.5GB :eek:

I also found another site -- download it all -- on different computer where you pay 15.00 (1yr) or 24.00 (2yr) but they say that download are fast and intact. Just a supped of torrent client from what I've been able to gleen in my short existence in this area....

Now that ain't bad. $24.00 dollars for two years. Especially if it's a download. Thats worth the money. I would have rather had the BBC version, even with the bigger file. I like the commentary that they give. The announcers are really into the race. The French guys just sit there and mumble.

I did the 2.00 GB BBC and it came up just fine....I can give you a zip file (when I get computer with Winzip back on it).

E-mail for site registration the best to send you stuff??

Adam

I did the 2.00 GB BBC and it came up just fine....I can give you a zip file (when I get computer with Winzip back on it).

E-mail for site registration the best to send you stuff??

Adam

Yeah, whichever the link is that you found would be fine. As for this race, I am watching it now. The only problem is the language. I'd like to see the other site and maybe buy the package. It may work out better in the long run.

Back