Kinked fuel line

amyma7ys.jpg

Has anyone managed to get their 6mm ID hose past this point...? And yes, that is blood on my finger!

I usually lube connections with a little di-electric gease or motor oil before assembly. Even at that point it looks like you have enough for a clamp to grab what is needed for a good seal.

Do yourself a favour and buy the 5/16" or 8mm hose.
It fits tight without having to fight the hose to get it on.

Sent from my Nexus 5

Thanks, 6mm is far too small and wasn't happy with leaving it short of the end...

Just cut the other end off and sliced through the little blue washer.... F*CK!!!

Just tried to glue it back on, see how that sets..

I usually lube connections with a little di-electric gease or motor oil before assembly. Even at that point it looks like you have enough for a clamp to grab what is needed for a good seal.

I did!! Took some doing though. Sat the end of the pipe in boiling water for a min.or two first then beasted it on, you need to push and turn at the same time.

I did!! Took some doing though. Sat the end of the pipe in boiling water for a min.or two first then beasted it on, you need to push and turn at the same time.

You were so close, but that's strange it wouldn't fit if it was the same inside diameter as what you took off.
I had a problem with a fuel connection the other way around. I needed a 5/16" connector and was sent a 1/4". Although it fit in it wasn't tight enough that I trusted it not to leak. It is important to use the same inside diameter on lines that was OEM since they were designed for a reason.

Sorry that didn't work out, but at least the stuff isn't expensive, and you know for sure what you need now.

After my experience I use a caliper on stuff like that to make sure I am buying the right size.

Last edited:
You were so close, but that's strange it wouldn't fit if it was the same inside diameter as what you took off.
I had a problem with a fuel connection the other way around. I needed a 5/16" connector and was sent a 1/4". Although it fit in it wasn't tight enough that I trusted it not to leak. It is important to use the same inside diameter on lines that was OEM since they were designed for a reason.

Sorry that didn't work out, but at least the stuff isn't expensive, and you know for sure what you need now.

After my experience I use a caliper on stuff like that to make sure I am buying the right size.

Am I the only one who had success with 6mm?

Back