Just stirring the pot

Hummm im have a few

27798_1441143541922_1033073111_1291950_798411_n.jpg

24246_1366310231136_1033073111_1103138_1561298_n.jpg

24246_1366310271137_1033073111_1103139_426887_n.jpg

I want one to honor my sister and mother but I can't figure out what nor where to put it so I don't have any. Used to think I wanted one of my dawg but I managed to get by without it.

I think tats are cool and sexy on some but some others really should've saved their money IMO.

I don't care if someone wants to get the body art. All power to em. It really is a personal choice. Some extensive work is going to have a stigma attached. It's just a cultural thing, some of the "establishment" will look down on it, others are more accepting. I heartily agree with alot of the earlier comments pro and con. Some people should get their money back others have just had fantastic work done. Who's to judge? Not me. There was supposedly only one perfect person. He ended up nailed to a large wooden cross. I'm not looking to fill that position.

Now as far as having myself inked. Looks pretty darn uncomfortable to begin with. I've got enough pain, I don't think elective pain is on my agenda. Besides I'm just, TOO DAMN PRETTY to cover it up.

Got up this morning and decided to stir up some thought. I'm old enough to be a Vietnam vet and a vet of a lot of other stuff as well, but one thing I never got into was inking my skin with graphics that didn't come with the original package. Tried the ear ring thing for about 20 years then ditched that brilliant idea for the same basic reason as not permanently screwing with the bod. I remember when the fad was to do something that caused a person to be a little different. Now you practically can't find a guy, or gal, for that matter, that doesn't have a pound of metal hanging from their ears or a few murals painted somewhere. Huh, just wondering how that's working for the 5 million people out there trying to apply for a job that's not behind the McDonald's counter? I guess I'm the one who's out of step, after 61 years I'm still clean, and different.

I guess I could almost say I'm a generation younger. :p I also chose to have no graphics added to my person. I do, being female, have my ears pierced....once. I've seen my fair share of strange stuff. Heck, two of my three kids each have tats and the third has his lip pierced. Not a one of them had any of it done before they turned 18. I had the "not under my roof" mentality. I never understood the draw of having piercings in body parts other than once in the ears (or the stretching of the holes....GROSS!!!). For the most part, the kids tats are able to be covered so interviewing isn't an issue. I guess if they are appropriate and able to be hidden I can abide by them. I have, however, actually given thought to getting one to show my love for my two granddaughters. I'm just too chicken to have it done.

Last edited:
I guess I could almost say I'm a generation younger. :p I also chose to have no graphics added to my person. I do, being female, have my ears pierced....once. I've seen my fair share of strange stuff. Heck, two of my three kids each have tats and the third has his lip pierced. Not a one of them had any of it done before they turned 18. I had the "not under my roof" mentality. I never understood the draw of having piercings in body parts other than once in the ears (or the stretching of the holes....GROSS!!!). For the most part, the kids tats are able to be covered so interviewing isn't an issue. I guess if they are appropriate and able to be hidden I can abide by them. I have, however, actually given thought to getting one to show my love for my two granddaughters. I'm just too chicken to have it done.

It only hurts for a little while.

i don't like pain in general. like if someone ran up and kicked me in the face, i wouldn't be pleased. but there's something about the pain while i am getting the tattoo that i really enjoy in a weird way.

Tats

...nothing worse than a pretty girl who's ruined her body with ink - for me that's a HUGE turn off. I'm dancing gently and hoping that my daughters stay clean!

I think once you've retired or in total control of your life and your income, i.e. a superstar, etc. then it is up to the individual to get a tat.

Major visible tats are not accepted in the real world and will hold you back for the rest of your life even if you don't know it.

You know I couldn't tell you, I have friends that have those but never understood why. I guess two holes with a bar going through are more cool then one.

Back