Just Riding no where in particular...

I was sick of the rain, every day this week and last. Not everyday-all-the-time, but every day. This morning, as cool as it was (6 * C), I had a brief window of no rain. Not much sun, but not raining. The Fazer and me, we wasted no time. I used the opportunity to just get out and ride around the city, choosing from the list of errands that would need the most miles and let me show off the FZ the most. I visited the 2 dealers that I frequent, for no real reason, but priced tires for the bikes while I was there. Talked about the new Yamaha Super Tenere' and the evils of bike price subsidies to you lucky southerners, and why we don't get the same treatment. My Yamaha dealer's manager rides a Moto Guzzi.:spank2:

WaltHealyGuzzi.jpg

He says it's almost painfully slow, but keeps him out of trouble that way.

FZandGuzzi.jpg

Looked for winter gloves, that I will need right away, then wandered across the City for a coffee. While I was there a couple of older ladies walked over and complimented me on the FZ, that was all waxed up and shiny (friday night I gave her a shine while the rain came down outside!). I have noticed that women upwards of 55 just aren't shy, and are the most likely to start up a conversation. I guess I am too old for the "Cougars" to bother with.:poke:

Then it was off to get the ears lowered (hair cut), again across town. The rain started as I left there so I headed home, the last stop was at the fancy car dealer (for the riding game 's latest challenge) but that was put on hold. I did not feel like getting the nicely shined up FZ all dirty quite so quick. Tommorow is another day... only 30% chance of rain :rant: but I'll take what I can get. The season is fast slipping away, there is a frost warning for tonight!

Where did you ride your FZ today?!

That Guzzi is beautiful!! I have an XS in the garage that I hope someday to look that good.

Mmm, the Guzzi is looking good :)

My ride today consisted of a 5am commute to work in the dark. I'm now sitting at work looking out of the window at a lovely sunny day thinking that it'll be dark again by the time I set off home tonight :-(

Cool Guzzi. Getting time to prep the snowmobile? About January you should pack you 1 and KLR into a trailer and come on down here and ride, it's only 1347 miles by google maps :)

Back