Just ordered GIVI E450 from sporttour

schot1984

Called them and ordered over the phone. Guy was really nice and said it'd be shipped today.

$316 for matte black case and mounting kit.

This will accomplish backrest for the GF AND space to put stuff so I can stop wearing a backpack to work, etc.

Just because I'm a whore and this'll drive you nuts while you wait, and give you something to drool over. Here ya go, different model, same effect.

IMG_4953.JPG

And just for good measure...

IMG_2407.JPG

Be sure and post up your pics once you get it on there.

Oh yea, and this one...

carrydew.jpg

That first photo is practically what my Gen 1 looked like :)

When I had my top & side cases mounted, I could load up a buggy with groceries and pack it all in to the brim. You can get a lot of broccoli in a 46L case!

It was MUCH harder and more involved than I had anticipated, but I got it done thanks to russ and theshark over at fz1oa! Getting that tail section on and off was horrible. Looks good now, though, after about 3 hours of work. I had no idea I was going to have to take a dremel to the bike (fender)!

Here are the pics: Photo Album - Imgur
Sorry they are crappy, it was dark...

That looks realy good.
Mine is not as good as the Givi but I still love the extra room I have now. And it dont look to bad.
I need to get a wind screen now to give the front some height to make it look not so up in the air like it does. Hopefully by sring or summer Ill get it on.

That looks realy good.
Mine is not as good as the Givi but I still love the extra room I have now. And it dont look to bad.
I need to get a wind screen now to give the front some height to make it look not so up in the air like it does. Hopefully by sring or summer Ill get it on.

Hey! How come you haven't posted shots of that trunk on the "Max"?????

That looks realy good.

Yeah, it was killing my back carrying a backpack with a thermos, dress shoes, other set of gloves, jacket liner, longjohns, lunch bag, etc. on the way to/from work. Bad time of year to ride, need to be warm in the 35 degree morning, but all that gear would be too warm for the 70 degree ride home in the afternoon.

Yeah, it was killing my back carrying a backpack with a thermos, dress shoes, other set of gloves, jacket liner, longjohns, lunch bag, etc. on the way to/from work. Bad time of year to ride, need to be warm in the 35 degree morning, but all that gear would be too warm for the 70 degree ride home in the afternoon.

Hear ya loud and clear. That is exactly why I wanted a trunk. To get rid of the back pack. Plus for the first time I have a place to lock my helmet. it just fits.

Last edited:
Hear ya loud and clear. That is exactly why I wanted a trunk. To get rid of the back pack. Pluss for the first time I have a place to lock my helmet. it just fits.

Yeah, also will function as a backrest for my GF.

Funny story and people may make fun of me? I occasionally ride with some Goldwing guys, they're really cool older fellows who know lots of good roads. But anyway, when we stop for lunch, etc., I use their trunks to stow my helmet and gear. What are friends for!?

This is from last Sunday, the day after I got the bike. You an see my buddy's Honda 919 behind that bigass purple GW.
VWbyGl.jpg

Yeah, also will function as a backrest for my GF.

Funny story and people may make fun of me? I occasionally ride with some Goldwing guys, they're really cool older fellows who know lots of good roads. But anyway, when we stop for lunch, etc., I use their trunks to stow my helmet and gear. What are friends for!?

This is from last Sunday, the day after I got the bike. You an see my buddy's Honda 919 behind that bigass purple GW.
VWbyGl.jpg

That is cool enough just to have guys to ride with. No matter what tehy are on.
Most of my friends have FZ1's, my pop rides a cruiser like me. He has saddle bags so he can handle some of our stuff. Now with my trunk added on I can support myself.
Last Fall when several of us was at Deals I was asking one of our riders to carry stuff I was buying back to the place where we stayed.

Oh my gosh I have wanted to set mine up like that for so long. Commuting at 80 mph 20 miles each way to work with a massive backpack is like having a midget trying to pull you off the bike constantly.

Enjoy it!!

That looks realy good.

I have the same Givi as Gixxer, and purchased a tall Rifle screen. I have been riding with a crappy old HJC helmet, and find the wind is hitting me in mid helmet, instead of under the helmet where my old ZG screen was directing the air. Hopefully this will take away some of the bobble head. Lots more wind noise than befor, but I just got my Shoei back from having them put a new chin strap on, and hopefully this will be reduced some. It just got here last night, and I came home sick and am still down today, so no test ride for me till at least tomorrow.

On the case side, that looks good! Sorry to hear you had trouble with the rack install. I got mine from a guy on the other forum with a Shad rack, and it went on very easily, no mods required. I am looking forward to many happy commutes this year and maybe even a little touring? Enjoy that case!

Back