Just finished the install of an 07 R1 shock

DPhantom679

After Satan666 agreed to do another run on the R1 shock adapter decided to give it a try. Just finished the install, was pretty easy but another set of hands would have been nice. One thing I noticed was that my exup eliminator shelf that I had my PCIII on was in the way. I thought I might have some clearance issues there so I had to take it off. I have been wanting to place my PCIII under the rear seat anyway because it is easier to get to as far as loading new maps.

Will have to wait until tomorrow to relocate the PCIII and then I can take it for a spin.

I have never messed with shock settings so does anyone have advice for me to dial this in, other than taking it to a shop?

Thanks!

Well after reading that piece of paper that came with the shock adapter, you know the instructions, I realized my exup eliminator does fit with the r1 shock installed. Just finished putting that back in along with my PCIIIw/ IGN Module.

130am here and since I was still awake decided to take it for a spin. The back end is a little low but I understand that by putting 06 r1 forks and the r1 07 dogbone I have ride height will go back to stock. Just gotta get those forks now.

Now I just gotta dial in the shock.

Well after reading that piece of paper that came with the shock adapter, you know the instructions, I realized my exup eliminator does fit with the r1 shock installed. Just finished putting that back in along with my PCIIIw/ IGN Module.

130am here and since I was still awake decided to take it for a spin. The back end is a little low but I understand that by putting 06 r1 forks and the r1 07 dogbone I have ride height will go back to stock. Just gotta get those forks now.

Now I just gotta dial in the shock.

Sounds like a lot of mucking around. The lower rear end would be a bit of a worry.
I suppose you could drop the forks a little but then you lose ground clearance.
I just bought a height adjustable, gas mono shock from Nitron for $560 odd Aussie/US dollars delivered from the UK.
It's only 1 way adjustable but is sprung and valved for my weight.
I'm not a fan of the R1 shock replacement, especially as it is shorter but good luck with it all.

Sounds like a lot of mucking around. The lower rear end would be a bit of a worry.
I suppose you could drop the forks a little but then you lose ground clearance.
I just bought a height adjustable, gas mono shock from Nitron for $560 odd Aussie/US dollars delivered from the UK.
It's only 1 way adjustable but is sprung and valved for my weight.
I'm not a fan of the R1 shock replacement, especially as it is shorter but good luck with it all.

I agree, shorter is not good on these bikes, unless rearsets are involved.

I have seen someone from the UK fabricate an adjustable dogbone to retro-fit the R1 shock. The only advantage with the R1 shock is that it is rebuildable & they can be picked up cheap of fleebay, other than that you are better off with aftermarket Penske, Ohlins... etc and save yourself the grief.

I have seen someone from the UK fabricate an adjustable dogbone to retro-fit the R1 shock. The only advantage with the R1 shock is that it is rebuildable & they can be picked up cheap of fleebay, other than that you are better off with aftermarket Penske, Ohlins... etc and save yourself the grief.

The adjuster Buildercher is talking about is the same as fitted as standard equipment to Ducati 916-996 etc which is where I got the idea. The adjustable dogbone gives you the choose of how high / low you want the rear to ride. Mine cost about £25 Total bargain !!!

05102010371.jpg

05102010373.jpg

I hope this helps, if you need anymore info drop me a line.

Carl

Last edited:
Frankly doesn't look that sturdy as stocker.

The connecting bar is chrome moly steel and the rose joint are motorsport grade ultra high performance items so the link is stronger than the original which is made of alloy plus I think DUCATI know a bit about suspension.

I appreciate your comment though and I think people will make there own decision.

Back