just did trhe ais delete

just did the ais delete

what a pita! i decided to finally do this mod tonight and it took a while to do. Seems as the loud popping is gone which I like, still had some lower rpm pops but I read it wouldn't fix all the popping. this mod made me a little nervous where the ais hoses were it had that reusable zip tie, without that the wires seem to have a lot of room to move, which isn't good because the throttle cable is right on the back side and the fans are in the front. I threw like 3 zip ties on the wiring and think i got it secured decently.

Also it was strange at start up, seemed like it idled lower for a bit and when I would rev it and let off and then rev it again it wouldn't rev up. After I took it for a little ride it no longer did it. I did have the gas tank off though if that matters? I will have to try it more when i get some time and see if it runs right, but that just seemed goofy to me.

Last edited:
what a pita! i decided to finally do this mod tonight and it took a while to do. Seems as the loud popping is gone which I like, still had some lower rpm pops but I read it wouldn't fix all the popping. this mod made me a little nervous where the ais hoses were it had that reusable zip tie, without that the wires seem to have a lot of room to move, which isn't good because the throttle cable is right on the back side and the fans are in the front. I threw like 3 zip ties on the wiring and think i got it secured decently.

Also it was strange at start up, seemed like it idled lower for a bit and when I would rev it and let off and then rev it again it wouldn't rev up. After I took it for a little ride it no longer did it. I did have the gas tank off though if that matters? I will have to try it more when i get some time and see if it runs right, but that just seemed goofy to me.

Just lift the tank once more to check and see that the line isn't kinked. Many idling/running issues that happen after the tank on a GenII has been lifted is due to the fuel line getting kinked when putting the tank back down.

Back