Just did the 600 mile servicing

Steve F

Sorry, no earth shattering post here. Just wanted to mention I just had the 600 mile servicing done on my 07 leftover. It cost me $238.

Hard to put a finger on it but the bike does feel more responsive. ( Or is it I’m just getting used to the FZ1 ?) It’s nice too see clean oil through the view port again.

He used 5W-30 oil. I asked him what brand and he didn’t remember. But he said they use it all the time on bikes. They buy it in bulk. That kind of sucked that he didn’t know but I get a good feeling at this dealer. They sure have tons of work. It took them three days to get to mine. Lots of bikes and watercraft there in queue for servicing.

He used the Yamaha filter. That made me uneasy after reading the thread from the guy who cuts all different brands open and didn’t think the Yamaha filter was so good. I mentioned that and he said to always stay with what the manufacturer recommends. “They know what’s best for your bike.”

When I do my next oil change myself I might use what has been recommended here and in other forums.

I’m doing the MSF ERC this Sunday. Don’t know how much I’ll learn but I’m sure I’ll certainly learn a few things.

I still want to do some kind of mirror mod. The blind spot is too big. Ah, but that’s the subject of another thread.

Ride safe all.

For that price, hopefully he did something more than just change the oil and filter which only costs about $25 in supplies.

Next time, you should change the oil yourself. There's something calming about changing oil and it's nice to know exactly what was done as well as visually inspect parts of the bike you normally don't see.

For that price, hopefully he did something more than just change the oil and filter which only costs about $25 in supplies.

Yea, I hope so too. The invoice says he checked about 15 things. I know most of that is BS but I can tell the clutch and throttle cables were adjusted. The rear brake feels better too so I know he adjusted something there. He also said "I tightened a lot of the hardware which is normally required for a new bike."

I suppose I have to look at this as mostly insurance to keep the warranty valid. If you don't do it and something major goes wrong they can play games with the 'neglect" disclaimer.

actually Yamaha is one of the few companies that doesn't play as many games as the other companies do with warranties.

That's one of the reasons I went with an FZ1 instead of a Bandit 1250.

When I got my bike it had 5 miles on it and the dealer hasent seen it since othere than in the parking lot when im there to buy more stuff.They asked me if I wanted the extended waranty I told them I am the waranty yuor service department will never see this bike back there.
My bike has 10k miles now.

Look my friend the SAE it has it makes with the country where you live if it has cold or heat, other constructor it gives suitable SAE , whenever you follow these instructions!

about the filter is fine , yamaha filter the best!

I believe in any case that the engineer that sources are irrelevant!

Ηere the cost to change oil+filter+tax+work=60euro!
oil=full synthetic

most minor motorcycle services in Australia cost approx $180.00 to $250.00'AUD' , major services go up from there quite a bit . i do all of my servicing @ home & stuff i cant do i get my works motorcycle mechanic to do it for me for a small cost .. ;)

jskf16, Good point. He told me "Use what the manufacturer recommends. They know what's best for your bike." And then he goes and puts a different oil in it.

Time to re-read one of the oil threads so I understand the difference between 5W-30 and 10W-30, etc.

Back