Just bought an Ohlins...

supersonic

Just bought an Ohlins on Ebay for my Gen II FZ1. Hopefully the std spring will be OK, I weigh 75kgs. Has anyone had to change their spring?

Just bought an Ohlins on Ebay for my Gen II FZ1. Hopefully the std spring will be OK, I weigh 75kgs. Has anyone had to change their spring?

Typically when you buy a new shock the reseller will include the correct spring for you. I think you should be ok with the standard spring. I think they are meant for somebody in the 150-170 lbs range which you're in.

Typically when you buy a new shock the reseller will include the correct spring for you. I think you should be ok with the standard spring. I think they are meant for somebody in the 150-170 lbs range which you're in.
Ok thanks. I've always been in the right range with my dirtbikes.

Well done mate best mod on this bike. The standard spring will be ok as you only weigh 75kg. It baffles me why so few people put up with the stock sh*t shocker. Compare the stock shock with the Ohlins it is as budget as they come!. Get it set-up correct and enjoy, the only problem now is you will feel how inadequite the front feels. The front is a relatively cheap fix. I replaced with Ohlins springs and a racetech rebound kit, new seals & oil.

Lucky dog! Congrats on the ebay win! :D You're going to love it based on what others have said. I'm hoping to get some next spring, or the Penske. This winter I plan on putting in a pair of Racetech front springs and jumping the fork oil to 10w. I'll be READY for a rear suspension come spring!

Go penske with traxxion. The customer service alone is worth it and it's cheaper. To the OP congrats on the Ohlins!

Last edited:
I'm not sure what the Penski costs but I picked the Ohlins up for US$750 new. Which I thought was a pretty good price. I'll have to wait till I put it in to see what the front feels like, atm the front feels pretty good but I'm sure it will need some tweaking. Next will be braided front brake lines and a Corbin rear seat with backreast for the wife. I know a guy who's over here who's from Europe, who works for one of the GP teams, he's going to set it up for me. BTW it's mid winter here now and it's been raining non stop, so it'll be a while before I can put it through it's paces.

Last edited:
For that price you can't go wrong, especially since the spring on there will work for your weight. I'm sure a Penske with the remote preload adjustment would be just as much if not more.

Back