Just a few shots from Tortilla Flats today.

020-1.jpg

019-1.jpg

018-3.jpg

016-2.jpg

015-2.jpg

010-2.jpg

Very Nice, what was the temperature like? Did you start very early or get back really late?

Interesting cut on the FJR windshield. Nice to see that you don't descriminate as to the type of bike that guys are riding. :)

Thanks for the pictures.

Can't really beat the gun laws and what not but, it's getting tense down here. With the drug lords from down south moving up across the border and killing more and more people each day, it really makes places like Colorado look much better.

The Honda is a VFR 800, right? I almost test rode one of those, but I drove the FZ1 first and then didn't have any time left that day. I wish I had taken it for a drive. I've always been intrigued by the V4 engine and wonder why more bikes don't use it. Seems like a good mix of the inline 4 and the V twin.

Anyway, back on topic, very nice pics. Thanks for posting them. Stay safe!

Mmmbeefy, I wish I could agree. I didn't like the ride at all, in fact, probably the worse I've been on in the state. The road conditions are horrible, potholes in the good lines filled with loose gravel, tons of traffic, huge "my daddy didn't hug me enough" trucks pulling pecker compensator boats and going 1/2 way into the other lane in the turns, and just generally unsafe feeling.

I much perfer Yarnell/White Spar.

Mmmbeefy, I wish I could agree. I didn't like the ride at all, in fact, probably the worse I've been on in the state. The road conditions are horrible, potholes in the good lines filled with loose gravel, tons of traffic, huge "my daddy didn't hug me enough" trucks pulling pecker compensator boats and going 1/2 way into the other lane in the turns, and just generally unsafe feeling.

...And what did you expect driving by a lake on a holiday weekend? I was plagued by Hyundai's all thoughout the ride on Sunday morning. At least I missed the boats though (nyuk nyuk).

Yes, it is a very technical ride with some, uh... challenging road conditions. Did you go to the top half of the ride above town?

Yarnell is a fun ride too, but too much fuzz up there anymore. Although I will be eligible for another "Speeding ticket make-up" class in October!

Oh, bummer dude...

It is dirt road eventually, but before the dirt road are a few miles of some more great (and still tight) twisties with much less traffic and better road. It's still not exactly pristine tarmac (especially the first 30 feet - that's hilarious if you've seen it), but much better than the bottom half.

I refer to it as "the good part of the ride".

Maybe give it one more try sometime - like a weekday when you will have the place to yourself! Yeah, there will still be some gravel to watch out for, but the only guys I've seen slide out up there blamed themselves for chickening out and grabbing brake in the turn, not for road conditions.

Sorry you don't like that part of the state. Arizona for the most part is absolutely beautiful. From what I have seen is that most of the roads are well maintained. But every state has it’s “bad’ section. Hell, I live in California and every city has a “bad” section.

I will be running up the California coast starting Friday of this week from the LA area. We plan to go up to Oregon across to Montana and back down through Yellowstone, Utah and good old Arizona. It should be a 2,000+ mile trip. We plan on doing some camping too. No women this trip, since most of them only camp in motels.

There is nothing like a good road trip on a bike to clear the mind. My mind should be empty by the time I get back.:nana:

Steve

Back