juice box!?

dcrpd

has anyone on here have one? if you do how do you like it? im looking at this rather than paying for the PCV and autotune.

One of the greatest things about the GenII FZ is that it has been around for a good long while and has the path to high performance pretty well charted out. . . .Forget the juice box, forget the autotune! Get yourself a PCIII (Ignition module is available for it) or PCV (no ignition module) and make use of any one of the hundreds of maps available for download here or on the other FZ site. If you want to go all out, with an FCE, PCIII, IM, Ivan's E map, smaller flies, aftermarket filter, airbox modification, and a full exhaust system (YoshR77 for example) your power curve could look like this (Ivan's dyno chart from this thread Full Yosh system tested-dyno charts - FZ1OA Message Board ) At 8k the modded setup is making 25rwhp more than the stock bike!)

BTW, the autotune for the PCV has been shown to provide very inconsistent results

Last edited:
What he said, skip the autotune too, unless you want to end up in the mad house.

The problem with the JB is you can only add fuel, most PC maps remove more fuel than they add. The JB makes adjustment to three very broad and vague ranges where as a PCIII make changes to about 480 areas.

Forget the JB, it's just another way to rip money from people. If you want your bike to have the perfect ratio between consumption and Horse power, you need to add fuel in certain RPM and remove fuel at certain RPM.

Just as Hellgate and Eurban stated before me the JB only adds fuel, while the PCIII or PC V can remove it as well and that's what you need.......along with a new exhaust, air filter ect......:D:D:D:D:D

good thing i just bought one of those! any recommendations on a good map?

pc3, I bought it from a guy named Schrader on this forum. it just came in the mail. looks like its in great condition. so I will be installing it tomorrow. I tried to follow the link posted for dukens and it wouldnt connect.

ok got the pc3 installed and used the duken perfection map, took her out this morning. :wow: this bike has been transformed into a beast!! :cloud9:

yeah, I like it but I have a little hesitation when I crack the throttle in 1st. when it grabs tho is better be ready! I have also noticed that my temp has been reduced. where id have been in the 212 range I'm now in the low 190. is this also a benefit of the pc3?

Your temperature has probably been lowered because you were running a bit too lean before. If you really want to see your temperature drop, add the Ignition Module.

OK...I was looking at the Juice Box, and I was about ready to pop for one. Then I found this thread...My issue is that my FZ1 is a 2009 with 2 Bro and Cat mod - Nothing else.

The PC III only shows to 2008. The PCV shows for 2009, but there are some wierd things like an ignition modules. Is that required to get the PCV working? What does this do for you? The website isn't stating you need it, so I take it that it's just another thing you can replace!?!?

I don't want to blow another $300ish to have to spend another $300ish. However, that flat spot at about 4000 rpm is killing me...Any help?

OK...I was looking at the Juice Box, and I was about ready to pop for one. Then I found this thread...My issue is that my FZ1 is a 2009 with 2 Bro and Cat mod - Nothing else.

The PC III only shows to 2008. The PCV shows for 2009, but there are some wierd things like an ignition modules. Is that required to get the PCV working? What does this do for you? The website isn't stating you need it, so I take it that it's just another thing you can replace!?!?

I don't want to blow another $300ish to have to spend another $300ish. However, that flat spot at about 4000 rpm is killing me...Any help?

I've been thinking about a PC 5 myself, I'm no expert on these but the way I understand it is that the PC 5 itself lets you control the fuel maps/curves and if you add on the ignition module you can then play with the timing maps also.
Fuel with help alot with driveabilty issues and some power, but there is also alot of power to be had by playing with timing maps, but you have to be careful not to get too carried away or you can hurt things.

Back