IXIL xtrem short oval range

Maverick01

Today i installed my new exhaust it´s Ixil black xtrem short,and gutted the cat. I love the exhaust, it´s LOUD and pops a lot. I took the day to do some painting as well, removed the puig touring screen and painted the stock one, also the back foot rest, the mirrors and smoked the front turn signals.Just need some help, how the hell do i remove the central stand, i took of the two main nuts but i can´t take the spring off, anyone???
Here´s some pics

6.jpg

5.jpg

3.jpg

2-1.jpg

1.jpg

That exhaust looks good Pedro! Glad to hear you like the sound of it ;)

As for removing the center stand if I remember correctly there two bolts per side that need to be removed to get it off. Use a Phillip screwdriver to slide the spring of one of the mounts with the center stand in the up position (less tension on the spring).

easier on YOU in the end....use flat head to pry and insert change to expand the spring and hold it there to make R/R MUCH easier!

2011-03-03_16-23-51_396.jpg

Best use of $1.36 (no cup of coffee for tomorow)

By the way the center stand finaly came of.

I've just removed the center stand as well but what did you do with the bolt going trough the "pipe" and into the mid section of the exhaust? Is it necessary to mod a new bracket for this? Now I've just locked the nut with some steel wire.

I've just removed the center stand as well but what did you do with the bolt going trough the "pipe" and into the mid section of the exhaust? Is it necessary to mod a new bracket for this? Now I've just locked the nut with some steel wire.

Don't think you need to worry about it. The exhaust is not going to fall off or anything like that. The FZ1N doesn't come with a center stand and uses the same exhaust so it's not bolted to anything from the factory.

Dont know but I think I would be a little concerned about the popping. Is it a lean engine popping on decel,may need to add a power commander with a map to fix that. Have you done the air box mod or installed an aftermarket air filter? Now that you have more air going through the engine you might have to correct for that. By the way the bike looks awesome and thats definately my favorite color.

Dont know but I think I would be a little concerned about the popping. Is it a lean engine popping on decel,may need to add a power commander with a map to fix that. Have you done the air box mod or installed an aftermarket air filter? Now that you have more air going through the engine you might have to correct for that. By the way the bike looks awesome and thats definately my favorite color.

Thank you, as you know the blue is the fastest :Rockon: lol
Regarding the popping, i have a bmc air filter but no air-box mod, i think the popping is due i didn´t block the AIS.... For sure a PCIII would help, i hoped my mixture wasn´t lean because in here the octane level is good 95,98,100
We don´t have many dynos and they are very expensive. More opinions of the mixture/popping ?!?

Thank you, as you know the blue is the fastest :Rockon: lol
Regarding the popping, i have a bmc air filter but no air-box mod, i think the popping is due i didn´t block the AIS.... For sure a PCIII would help, i hoped my mixture wasn´t lean because in here the octane level is good 95,98,100
We don´t have many dynos and they are very expensive. More opinions of the mixture/popping ?!?

The popping is due as you said to you not blocking off the AIS. If you like the popping then just leave it alone. It's not going to hurt anything.

Back