Ivan's FCE problem....

I installed the FCE tonight to my 2007 FZ1 and found it very straightforward with the help of a pictorial-guide from another forum. There were no installation problems at all. Fired the bike up and everything seemed fine, so I got my gear on and went for a ride.

Initially, it seemed okay (apart from the usua; 3000-4000 flatspot still being there), but then when I reach some traffic lights and came to a halt, I noticed that when I blipped the throttle, I got what I can only describe as a "Dual Response"!!

One blip produced the expected increase in revs, followed immediately by another slight increase!

If you blip the throttle twice in quick succession, the second produces MUCH higher increase to the revs.

As you can imagine, this makes the bike feel extremely odd out on the road. In all other respects, the motor runs fine - pulls strongly all the way through from 4500 to 11000.

It's late and dark, so I couldn't really do any more testing. Anyone got any ideas please?? I'm gutted! :'(

Tom

I'm in the UK and I don't have a number for him. I have emailed the UK Importers, but I'm guessing they'll just relay my message to Ivan and I'll have to wait for a response.

Was hopin someone here may know the answer.

Tom

You should double check your install work. Make sure that all the wires are connecting to the correct place and make absolutely sure that your crimps are good. A quality tool, used properly will make crimps that look factory and that will give a reliable connection. Did you use a decent crimp tool? Did you use it correctly? . . .Do not solder, it will void your warranty . . .

Back