Ivan's FCE not working

v-petn

Hi all,

I followed the instructions from this website FCE install lots of pics in Fazer 1000/FZ1 corner Forum and installed the FCE last night. It wasn't hard just time consuming...

I have the 2006 FZ1N and have the snatchy throttle... When I roll off and back on, it's so abrupt.... Well the problem is still there... Made no difference... I'm confident I've installed it correctly... Anyone experienced the same problem?

What a waste of money and a hassle to install for zero difference... Not sure whether I should spend 2 hours removing it and try and return it.... Just have no time to do it again...

Call Ivan, it's likely you did something incorrect or the FCE is bad because it made an ENORMOUS difference on mine....

Put the bike in 1st gear on the side stand and turn the key on, do you get any codes on the instrument cluster?

Call Ivan, it's likely you did something incorrect or the FCE is bad because it made an ENORMOUS difference on mine....

Put the bike in 1st gear on the side stand and turn the key on, do you get any codes on the instrument cluster?

Yeah I do... does that mean it's wrong or right... The engine light goes away when I put it in nuetral

Well I'm trying to organise a replacement unit now... so disappointed... was hoping to get rid of this annoying snatchy throttle...

With a properly working FCE it WILL eliminate the "snatchy" throttle problem, just be patient and follow through, its well worth your time my friend

Before Just curious about the engine code error... When I turn it on in the morning with it in gear and side stand down, I get the engine code display. It disappears as soon as I put it in neutral... Is this correct? I've been reading that people get the code then as soon as they ride the bike and it warms up, it disappears...

I didn't mean to get you hung up on the engine code thing, that was my fault. I was using that only as a way to determine the install you made wasn't completely botched up. Yes it will go away in neutral, it's completely normal.

If you really feel it isnt working its either a wiring mishap, loose connections, or a bad unit. All of which can be solved by a simple call to Ivan. Disregard the engine code thing for now....

Keep us posted

EDIT: Just realized you're in Australia, is a call to Ivan even possible?

I didn't mean to get you hung up on the engine code thing, that was my fault. I was using that only as a way to determine the install you made wasn't completely botched up. Yes it will go away in neutral, it's completely normal.

If you really feel it isnt working its either a wiring mishap, loose connections, or a bad unit. All of which can be solved by a simple call to Ivan. Disregard the engine code thing for now....

Keep us posted

EDIT: Just realized you're in Australia, is a call to Ivan even possible?

yeah not easy to call Ivan... Well I'm going to give it another go before I return it... The TPS connections is 100% correct. Colour matches the fce... The ecu cable I would have to take everything off to confirm... but I know I connected the correct wire... it's black with yellow tracer... A long shot but could be the male and female connects are not secure... my daytona 675 is so silky smooth when throttle is on, off and on again... the fz1n is so abrupt it jerks forward when I apply the throttle... so annoying....

I did notice something changed after installing the fce... my idle has changed... it used to sit hover at around 1100 to 1200 rpm... now it's 900 to 1000... not sure if that means anything

Takes me a 1hr to sync the TB's on the FZ takes me 15 min to sync the carbs on my Hawk. I'll run a Fuel additive like sea foam every oil change. The choke I can deal with.

FWIW I had a couple of connections that I thought were tight on mine, one was a crimp connection and the other was where the connectors plugged into each other. Caused mine to intermittenly act strange, I THOUGHT I had them tight, but woe is me, and only after I verified every single connection as being tight and solid was the problem remedied.

FYI DO NOT solder the connections, Ivan won't warranty it if you do....

v-petn,
call Ivan in the states , he is a great bloke i have chatted twice with him, obviuosly get your times right.

The FCE is a magic piece of wizardry that fixes all the shit with the throttlle on 06 check and double check all your connections as the supplied crimp tool is crap .

When it is up and working your bike will be so so so smoooth

v-petn,
call Ivan in the states , he is a great bloke i have chatted twice with him, obviuosly get your times right.

The FCE is a magic piece of wizardry that fixes all the shit with the throttlle on 06 check and double check all your connections as the supplied crimp tool is crap .

When it is up and working your bike will be so so so smoooth

Well said :+1:

Back