is thsi grease ok for EXUP maintenance ?

I got some coper based lube from NAPA. Follow the directions on Pats site and you can't go wrong. Here's the link: http://www.cartestsoftware.com/fz1/exupmaintenance.html

I was checking my EXUP cables and they are not only totally loose but the valve seams to be in opposite direction that it should be. I figured I will open it up,clean it and apply grease. I went to advance auto parts and auto zone and this grease the only thing i found I think could work Specialty Lubricants - Anti-Seize : Permatex® Anti-Seize Lubricant

Will this do do put grease on the valve (and bolts by the way) ?
Thank you!

I was checking my EXUP cables and they are not only totally loose but the valve seams to be in opposite direction that it should be. I figured I will open it up,clean it and apply grease. I went to advance auto parts and auto zone and this grease the only thing i found I think could work Specialty Lubricants - Anti-Seize : Permatex® Anti-Seize Lubricant

Will this do do put grease on the valve (and bolts by the way) ?
Thank you!

Thats fine. It has the copper in it and is rated for high temps. Is the picture up there of "your" valve?? If so, was the key in and in the "on" position when you took it? Only asking cause it's way off if the key was "off".

Hi yes its my valve and the best part is I won't turn On Off and it can turn it by hand only clockwise (the position on the picture is the mostly will go counter clockwise )

Shouldn't use anti seize type grease on moving parts. Anti seize compound have small "ball bearing" structures that prevent seized of non-moving part but when applied to moving parts they can accelerate wear. It's not meant to be used as a lubricant.

Nice post Yzf.
I wish I would have done my EXUP the day I got my bike. For a while I just couldn't figure out why my EXUP was acting up. I came to the conclusion that the cables were stretched beyond repair.
After doing the service and installing new cables I found that the previous owner had the cables routed backwards at the valve end plate!!

Here's what the manual says:

CHECKING THE EXUP SERVO MOTOR
1. Check:
• EXUP servo motor operation
Out of specification → Replace.
▼▼▼▼▼▼▼▼▼▼▼▼▼▼▼▼▼▼▼▼▼▼▼▼▼▼▼▼▼▼
a. Check whether or not the EXUP valve is
seized.
• Disconnect the EXUP cable and check that
the EXUP valve is moved smoothly by
hand.
• When the valve is not moved smoothly,
repair or replace it.
Refer to "ADJUSTING THE EXUP
CABLES" on page 3-17.
b. When the EXUP valve is moved smoothly,
replace the EXUP servo motor.
c. Perform the self-diagnosis mode and check
the operation of EXUP valve by visual
inspection (Code No: 53).
The operation should be carried out as 3-
second drive in the full open direction, 2-
second stop and 3-second drive in the full
close direction.
d. Check that the EXUP servo

No mention of lube, but I don't think it would hurt. That area really gets hammered with heat, water, and being hidden to begin with.

I was quite busy at work today so I just tried to unscrew the 3 bolt that some people have problems with and they come out with no problems. One of mi cables was very loose and one quite tight.
YFZ1000 your picture shows those 2 cables going on the side of the bike. My were under the tank (in the middle). Anyhow one cable is just to tight even with full "slack" on the adjuster, not quite sure what to to with that.
I tighten the very loose cable and pulley seams to be in the correct position, however I think it made the bottom little worse.

I was quite busy at work today so I just tried to unscrew the 3 bolt that some people have problems with and they come out with no problems. One of mi cables was very loose and one quite tight.
YFZ1000 your picture shows those 2 cables going on the side of the bike. My were under the tank (in the middle). Anyhow one cable is just to tight even with full "slack" on the adjuster, not quite sure what to to with that.
I tighten the very loose cable and pulley seams to be in the correct position, however I think it made the bottom little worse.

It's totally possible that the previous owner did some service and installed the cables backwards. The bottom cable I believe is a little shorter than the top. Maybe thats why it's too tight for you. Swap them with each other and see if that helps.

OMG so I swapped the cables and put some grease on the valve cleaned and all and!!! finally the power everybody are talking about! somebody put the cables wrong way (or somebody intentionally reversed to make it weaker for previous owner?) anyhow I sync the carbs and she's flies, however still not lifting the wheel ...

Back