Is there a 2011 FZ1 deals gap trip?

schot1984

Sorry, found it now after using google. didn't know what subforum it'd be in... Mod please delete my dumb post...

I saw mention of one from last year. I would definitely come as it's only a couple hours away from me.

Last edited:
My semester ends the middle of May. I'am hoping to head down the backend of May or the first half of June if I don't take a summer class. Would be willing to ride down again if some one from up north would accompany other wise I will trailor

My semester ends the middle of May. I'am hoping to head down the backend of May or the first half of June if I don't take a summer class. Would be willing to ride down again if some one from up north would accompany other wise I will trailor

I would trailer anyhow for the sake of if something should happen.
Our group last year had 8 in the house two riders went down hard. Neither could ride home if they had to.

Let me know when you get down here. I would like to ride with a fellow yankee!

Will do, I would love to have a local show me some more roads. Last year I did 441(?) through the smokeys,some of 28, Cheroholow and joining roads, the blueridge and the skyway. If someone would like to partner up and trailer I'am game.

I know me and my friends are heading down there at some point over the summer, more towards the end.

I will make a thread about it to see if I can get some guys to tag along for it when the time comes.

Yea, had a great time down there last year despite a little mishap. September weather was great for riding down there :D

Mishap? Haha, do tell.

I moved down here to Chattanooga from Chicago in November 2009 and went Deal's Gap the weekend before thanksgiving on my 2004 Sportster (which I traded later)... I got into a left turn too hard and hardware was scraping more than I was comfortable with so I reduced steering input (idiotic) and went off the right side of the pavement after the turn...

bike was fine other than scratches and the shift peg broke out of the lever, but I toe-shifted it 3 hours home.

ANYWAY, here is a pic of me riding VERY slowly on the sporty, pointing at my blown out knee of my riding pants after I spotted the camera-man.
ZksVK.png

Mishap? Haha, do tell.

I moved down here to Chattanooga from Chicago in November 2009 and went Deal's Gap the weekend before thanksgiving on my 2004 Sportster (which I traded later)... I got into a left turn too hard and hardware was scraping more than I was comfortable with so I reduced steering input (idiotic) and went off the right side of the pavement after the turn...

bike was fine other than scratches and the shift peg broke out of the lever, but I toe-shifted it 3 hours home.

Oh my "mishap" was not very exiting and actually happened while I was stopped (and not even on the Dragon). Got hit from behind by another rider, which sent me and my bike onto the pavement :(

Back