Is It Just me? Or the Weather?

You can really tell when the riding season ends.
Bikes are witerized and put up until spring.
So it leaves members without much to post about.

I am doing this post to remind us all we have (The Bar) forum to keep us
going until we uncover our bikes.

I am sure there are a lot of hobbies, or whatnots we can chat about.

This is a good time to share some of our other interests. Or just Shoot the breeze talking of times past, riding trips or some "this one times".

Anyhow.
I am just concerned the the riders will find themselves on a Battery tender as well as thier bike and every time I log onto the site I will see the "No new messages".

Early winter blues

Just the early winter blues. Personally, I am waiting for my Christmas check, then the fun will begin. I have projects for my bikes to get started on. Christmas with the family and all the baggage that precedes it come first though. There will be things to talk about in the next months, but as the season gets past the holidays and we can all look forward to spring. Spring (for me) starts once the January Bike show comes to town. Then the looking forward begins!

I used to ski a lot so I looked forward to Winter, but as the economy worsened and money became tighter I gave up the skiing so that I could get back into biking. I had to choose one of two expensive hobbies. When things turned around for me I had moved on to another expensive hobby, photography. Now Winter holds much less appeal, other than the occaisional day that begs to be photographed.

Over the next months I have some bike related projects to do;

1.) New front tire on the KLR

2.) Skid plate replacement for the KLR

3.) Pelican case for the rear carrier on the KLR, I need better protection for the Camera on back road outings.

4.) New tires front and back for the FZ

5.) Rear signals to replace the FZ stockers or an integrated signal/taillight combo

Possibilities;

PCV for the FZ with a dyno session.

All this will cost, but most is necessary, especially the tires. Most importantly it will give me a reason to take pictures and make posts. Hey I'm trying to keep the "no new posts" to a minimum for you. At least that is what I'll tell my wife, to justify the expenditures, so it's your fault really.:laugh2:

If it makes you feel any better I went for a ride this morning......

ButImfeelingmuchbetternow.jpg

I'm feeling much better Now!

Not really, but thanks for trying. :shaking head: :justkidding:

Last edited:
I'm feeling the winter blues for sure. While the riding season never ends for me (horray), it becomes increasingly horrible as the thermostat heads south. Days when it's pouring rain and 0 degrees (or even worse, -10 and snowing) are days I really don't even want to look at my motorbike and really regret selling my car.

I guess it could be worse.

Spring can't come soon enough!

WOW Billy! Nice collection of memories. I love it.

Seeing Richie on The Big FZ just blows my mind. You have a great kid there. Your lucky as hell he has a good head on his shoulders.
Pat yourself on the back you deserve it.

It's hard to admit that the season is over. I have to get up today and clear the spaces in the garage for the two bikes to rest for the winter. Time to Stabil and Tender them. It is sad!

But, it brings on the much awaited mods and repairs, cleaning and preparing for spring. I'm sure there will be some good threads about the winter projects taking place. :D

It kind of hit me today that its almost over.. Im waiting on my heated grips to come in, but in reality I don't think they will make much of a difference considering its now hitting highs of 35 degrees.

Went out yesterday and was semi decent but it was like 40 and sunny. I still dont want to put stabil in the tank yet though as I am sure I will still ride it...

Went out yesterday and was semi decent but it was like 40 and sunny. I still dont want to put stabil in the tank yet though as I am sure I will still ride it...

Just keep a 5 gallon can with Stabil fuel in the garage. You can still go out for rides and if it is just a short ride, top it off with the can. Longer ride? Fill up close to home and dump Stabil in once again. ;)

I've been know no sneak out several times throughout the winter. :D

I too have still taken the fz1 out here and there... it blows my mind what you can get used to!!! I still remember when 60 degrees felt cold !!!! LOL

I'm only minutes from PapaGeno and our weather is the same... 40 degrees is actually pretty tolerable with the right gear... but alas... the 30 degree weather we have this weekend is a *sign*.... been doing a lot of mountian biking lately that's for sure...

Still, holding out for the last possible minute to winterize FZ1 altough I know it is inevitable :cry:

BTW ... am I the only one that will use the bike to go out for chinese take out or a bottle of rum??? It's amazing what I can fit in a backpack! LOL

I seem to use any excuse to take it out even for a short run ;)

BTW ... am I the only one that will use the bike to go out for chinese take out or a bottle of rum??? It's amazing what I can fit in a backpack! LOL

Heck no! I pick up an drop off movies, go to the booze store, etc. Any excuse I can find really. :)

Well me and the girl ended up going out today haha. 32 degrees and we still did it. Man, I need my heated grips to come in. I did however top off and put the Sta-Bil in there just incase its a few weeks before I can get out again.

The depression is setting in. :(

Man I'd need more than rum to get me through months of no riding. :shaking head:

Yea, I gave in and winterized my bikes yesterday. At this point the riding for me is pretty much done. I wont take the bikes out in the Winter even if we get a nice day because of all the road salt that will be around.

Yea, I gave in and winterized my bikes yesterday. At this point the riding for me is pretty much done. I wont take the bikes out in the Winter even if we get a nice day because of all the road salt that will be around.

That was what finally did it for me. That, and a big snowstorm.:eyebrow:

Ooooo.. road salt. Didn't even think of that ... too worried about black ice being a newbie to the road and all. Yup .. winter months and motorcyling don't mix well for me :tdown:

Back