Irene...

im not worried about the wind im more concerned with how much rain we get since i live in a flood plain and losing power to keep my pump running

i spent most of the night trying to find a battery back up pump so i can sleep at night but i should of got one months ago. its wait and see time. guess i will bring the boat home tomorrow so we have a way out. here is a pic of how the river is forecasted right now

Last edited:
Well I looked again and now the updated track has it a CAT 1 over massachusettes Sunday evening with 80+ MPH Winds...

map_tropprjpath09_ltst_5nhato_enus_600x405.jpg

Now I am getting a little concerned... Well Papa ... you called it...

Out door stuff is all picked up and/or secure. Generator full of gas. Re-fill the gas cans and a few essentials and we'll be good to go. Going to a wedding this afternoon now that I feel a little more human-like. Invited a few peeps over so they have a safe place to stay. Best of luck to all you East Coasters as we ride out Irene. Stay safe everyone!

I got the Ham Radio going this morning monitoring the "Ham Net" on 20 Meters and the reports coming straight from N.C. don't sound good. I hope that it weakens by the time it reaches us up here!

I am jealous. I want some rain and a few paid days off of work too!
That sounds good. Oh wait I work on emergency generators I wonder if I'll be busy. Been working on all the last minute can you get my generator running peoples generators all week. Been through many a hurricane,some times we used to go out driving in it and go down to the coast and watch all the houses get destroyed and float away. Batten down the hatches,make sure nothing can get at the beloved motorcycles and wait it out. I guarantee it will end.

Well it's 9:44am here in the Bronx and the Sun actually poked his head out. Nothing here like they said it would be as I believe it was more West in Jersey. Just an occasional gust of wind and nothing more thank God.

Still waiting for it to pass but it's broken down and just a tropical storm now so where I am will just see wind gusts and a crap-ton of rain. This is because it got pulled further inland thankfully!

@Billy, glad you all dodged a MAJOR bullet there!!!

Thanks Eric, me too. I don't think Tony faired as well though. When I saw the Doppler last night, it was pretty much on top of him. I hope all is well with him and everyone else over on the Jersey side.

What a joke. Once again, completely blown out of proportion by the media.

Not really Papa.... This had potential to be devastating and as we all know, weather is hard to track or predict so I'm thankful that they prepared us for the worst and we didn't get it.

Looks at it this way... I got the yard all cleaned up! ;)

Back