InteGrated tailight wiring

Bought this integrated tail light with blinkers and has a yellow and a blue wired and a red/white/black wiring can u help me to connect tis to my bike fz109
regards
Johnny

Hi Johnny, welcome to the forum pal. Did you get any instructions with the kit? If not maybe you could take a clear picture of the wiring. It may not help but it's worth a try. Maybe someone has a similar kit and would be able to help once they see it.

Well from seeing the picture this is my best guess. Adapter plugs in to existing taillight socket for running light and brake light. Blue and yellow wires are for left and right turn signals?

Well from seeing the picture this is my best guess. Adapter plugs in to existing taillight socket for running light and brake light. Blue and yellow wires are for left and right turn signals?

Thats a great friggin guess!

Hey, would you be interested in going to the Englishtown Swap Meet on September 27th. (Sunday)? I don't want to hijack so PM me. Thanks.

Welcome Johnny,
I think Billy has the right idea. It shouldn't be too hard to plug the thing into the existing wiring to see if the running/brake part works then go on the turn signal wires. I'm surprised they didn't include some type of instruction on the wiring even if it was just generic. I'm out of town right now and don't have my wiring schematics but in each signal there is an active wire and a ground I believe so you more than likely only need to wire in each active side using the existing ground side from the running/brake lights. At least that's my guess.

Bought this integrated tail light with blinkers and has a yellow and a blue wired and a red/white/black wiring can u help me to connect tis to my bike fz109
regards
Johnny
Yeah, that sounds about right. I put one in on my 08. and had to do a little trial and error because the wires had to be cut to remove the factory bumber that it comes with lol. If you notice that nothing is working after touching some wires together to match the Right and left, don't panic....all you did was blow a fuse....and the bike comes with a few spares. So you should be ok. The turn signals will more than likely blink a little faster than your used to, but it's not as bad as when a car's blinker goes out and blinks like it's on crack. Just a little faster than normal, but all other wires, including the license plate light should be capped off or taped off, so they don't ground out. Otherwise you should be good to go!

Back