Integrated tail lights

You may have to wait for someone in Mass. to chime in as I believe that each state has different laws concerning stuff like that. I know there are many owners here that run an intergrated system so it is legal in the US, just not sure about your state.

It's funny because the guy who inspected my bike said, regarding the Copperdog signal pods, that if they didn't have a DOT stamp then they are not legal. He passed the bike because they worked and says he doesn't care about the DOT stamp.

So, I came home and grabbed one of the stock signals and guess what? I cannot find DOT anywhere on it. Unless it is stamped inside, it isn't there. So.... I say go for it.

Some states also have a rule about how far apart the signal markers have to be too. A good thing to look into.

When I bought my bike the previous owner had installed both an integrated tail light and flush mounted LED turn signals. Pretty hard to miss from the back now ;)

attachment.php

When I bought my bike the previous owner had installed both an integrated tail light and flush mounted LED turn signals. Pretty hard to miss from the back now ;)

Just curious, but do the LED sigs blink at the same time as the sigs in the integrated tail light? Also, would this hold true if I were to run the integrated tail light with the stock sigs? Thanks.

Just curious, but do the LED sigs blink at the same time as the sigs in the integrated tail light? Also, would this hold true if I were to run the integrated tail light with the stock sigs? Thanks.

Good question...I can't remember right now, but I do believe that they both blink at the same time.

I get nervous about using integrated tail lights. Especially at night. The normal distance your turn signals are away from the brake light help people to gauge the distance they are away from you. If the turn signal is integrated or very close to center it may be appear as though you are much farther ahead than you actually are. Everyone in Houston I know who has been rear ended at night had integrated signals.

Now I rarely ever drive at night. Though it is still often still dark when I head out for work in the morning but I am the only one on the road at 5:30 AM.

Back