Insurance

pigs

I'm sure there is a thread somewhere about this, but the search isn't helping soooooo.... got quite a shock this morning when I called about insurance.

$916!!! For a 33 y/o married male, no accidents. I'm not buying a ferrari!@

So please, please tell me there are better places to call. What would you guys suggest and if you don't mind how much did you pay?

Progressive...I have two bikes with them 2008 FZ6 and 2009 FZ1 I pay under $40.00 a month for both. 40 yr old with no accidents or violations. shop around, there are deals out there.

Thanks guys I ran through the progressive thing and it was almost 1/3rd cheaper. I don't know if you guys know but apparently progressive charge you for cancelling your policy early... dunno if that's a big deal.

Progressive has consistantly given me the best rates. They even gave me the best rate for my RV. I will add, they do not penalize you for cancelling early unless you have a multiple vehicle discount and by eliminating one you only have one left, you will forfiet the mutli-vehicle discount. They're still better than anyone else.

i pay too much. almost a grand!!!! i'm 23 years old, 1 speeding ticket from 6 years ago when i got my license and 1 major at fault accident. plus i'm in the people's republic of massachusetts, so that makes everything more expensive than some other places. and i just got a ticket over the weekend for "failure to use the right lanes", which if that goes through will add another 2 points to my license and another couple hundred bucks a year, but i have my ex gf's mom working on that for me because she is a cop and might be able to get it dropped. i really do like progressive though, because i can custom make my policy to make it cheaper. but if i want absolute really good coverage it would cost me an arm and a leg. forget the point system, it's farkin garbage. highway robbery, it gives a whole new meaning to the phrase "gotta pay to play"

I'm 58, no tickets, low popullated rural North Carolina and I bought full -$250 deductable, uninsured driver and theft with higher damage and liability numbers and it cost me $270-280-ish..? Thats with State Farm

cliff note version: bike=tickets=EVEN higher insurance. I know ya know this.

I just have liability only on the FZ, about 170 dollars a year. No cager tickets, ever, but two bike tickets that influenced the cage to like 900 a year.

If it wasn't for the beltronics sti and laser paint, I'd be doing bicycle/loser bus stuff. I'm up to 31 saves right now. Sheesh.

I have a 'admin' ticket that's cool. Just pay 100 bucks to local authority. Love it. NO POINTS. But the problem here is that if po-po even THINKS you're speeding, he'll light ya up if he can catch ya, and they know where to go: when you're on the way to the gas station! I swear! LOL.

Hyper sport is really not that expensive when compared to a good boat. Probably more dangerous, though.

Rain day, here. Tomorrow and weds, too. Great.

Scout..... this San Carlos that you live, where is it? Theres several, and I just realized I didn't have a clue to the right one....:)

bro, san carlos, CA, little town just south of MY town, Belmont. On the peninsula about 20 miles south of San Francisco, which I can see out the window, (but not today as we have rain here).

Cagers in the entire bay area are excellent, if they see ya, which they normally do, and are very use to bikes, even though they don't see many, really. But they're so cool and almost always give a few inches to allow hyper bikes to slip past.

You'd love riding here.

Insurance in Houston is expensive. I pay about $800 a year for full coverage including uninsured drivers through State Farm. Progressive quoted me about $960 for same levels of coverage.

I have a lifetime of discounts through State farm and can never find anyone close.

Geico quoted me $3,500 a year for the FZ1! lol How are they even in business?

Rethinking my insurance

This whole discussion has me checking on my insurance rates. Currently I have Liberty Mutual, and my rate is $530/year, full coverage with a $500 deductible. I am married, 46 years old and I took the MSF course a couple of years ago to get my license. I think Progressive is cheaper so far, have to look more at the coverage limits and I don't have that paper work at my desk.

i pay too much. almost a grand!!!! i'm 23 years old, 1 speeding ticket from 6 years ago when i got my license and 1 major at fault accident. plus i'm in the people's republic of massachusetts, so that makes everything more expensive than some other places. and i just got a ticket over the weekend for "failure to use the right lanes", which if that goes through will add another 2 points to my license and another couple hundred bucks a year, but i have my ex gf's mom working on that for me because she is a cop and might be able to get it dropped. i really do like progressive though, because i can custom make my policy to make it cheaper. but if i want absolute really good coverage it would cost me an arm and a leg. forget the point system, it's farkin garbage. highway robbery, it gives a whole new meaning to the phrase "gotta pay to play"

Wow, that is robbery, it cost me about a grand total for 3 motorcycles and my F150 in Massachusetts.

Wow, that is robbery, it cost me about a grand total for 3 motorcycles and my F150 in Massachusetts.

i have quincy mutual for my pathfinder, and progressive for my bike. i tried to see what it would cost to switch my car to progressive , thinking it would be cheaper, but they quoted me at $1,000 more! that accident really screwed me. it also doesn't help that my car "resides" in boston, which makes it go way up as well because of theft rates. that's why i principally garage my bike in my parents garage in the suburbs! who do you have for insurance? and do you have any accidents or violations? yours sounds good, especially for MA!

Last edited:
Back