INSTALLING REAR BLINKERS (help)

Dan

First off, thanks to everyone on this site, ive gotten so much useful information from here. I cant seem to find anything on what i need for this next step.

Im trying to replace my rear turn signals because one of them broke.

Im installing the same part. What i cant figure out is how to access the rear electronics. I'm very good at working on bicycles but those are easy. Does anyone have a video link or is the any info here on this site im not finding. I dont want to take apart things that dont need to be removed. what is the next item to take off after the seat is removed.

thanks!

Dan, can you take a pic of what you are trying to install? Maybe is we see that part in its entirety, then we can tell you how to get to where it needs to go. I am assuming this is a Gen II and I've had the entire tail off mine and my wife's bike. ;)

I took my bike to the shop and they said it would be $125 labor to have them install my turn signals. So im wondering if
1) theres already a thread with pics on taking apart the back of the bike to get to the electronics
2) if anyone has any help for installing them.

Do you still have the stock tail that holds the turn signals and license plate?...if so can't you cut and splice the new ones there..or anywhere the really for that matter...
Anyway when you take off the rear seat you should be able to access the wires in the corners at the furthest back of the tail I think....right Eric?

Sent from my EVO 4G using Tapatalk

its gen II. I dont have stock rear turn signals currently and im trying to install the same ones because one broke.

also trying to install a lighted lic. plate frame.

here is a link to the item
Motorcycle License Plate Turn Signals Lights Blinkers | eBay

It looks like the wiring that you're trying to get to is shown in your first picture right in front of the rear tail light bulb. They look to be plug in style ends and are red in color. But you may have to loosen your liscence plate holder to get enough slack to work with them.

@fz1inNH
im trying to replace broken blinkers for not broken ones.

im closer, the yellow arrows show where im trying to get. its the wiring for the rear taillight/blinkers

The two yellow circled wires are your blinkers. The lower one in the pic has the connector also visible. The upper one is hidden under the flasher relay and the lean angle sensor in front of it. These are to two you want to unplug and solder to then heat shrink the tube to. Run them back in and plug them into the harness.

attachment.php

You'll need to loosen the four bolts that hold the rear fender on (or two if you are running certain fender eliminators) because the wiring runs up through that location from underneath. Once you can fish and unplug those two signal wires, then you can solder in the new blinkers. It looks like the last guy may have put connectors on these? Those back by the tail light are not stock. I'm betting you can buy the mating crimp connectors and simply crimp and plug them in back there. Black will be ground on both sides and the colored wire is signal-hot.

-Eric

Back