Inspection sticker places

Jman

Just wondering where everyone is putting their inspection stickers. Custom brackets? Have seen a few on the forum that have one below the license plate. Any pictures are welcome!

Yeah, I do not want mine on the fork tubes. The inspection place says it must be on the left side of the bike.....not sure why that would matter.

Yeah, I do not want mine on the fork tubes. The inspection place says it must be on the left side of the bike.....not sure why that would matter.

Probably so it can be seen when the bike is parked on the right side of the street. This way the cops can easily tell if your inspection is up to date or not. I have seen people use custom little brackets to attach the sticker onto and then bolt it on the the front fender (using the stock reflector mount) or on the rear swing arm using one of the chain guard bolts.

It all depends on state law, here in TX they have to be visible from the rear, I think so Smokey can see if you are legal when at a stop or if they come up to you in their cruiser. All bike shops have aluminum or plastic plates that has a spot below the plate for the inspection sticker. In fact most dealers sell their new bikes with a frame that already has their dealer name on it which I hate because I don't like driving around advertising for them, but you are stuck for the first year because you can't remove the sticker without ruining it and making it show 'VOID'. Rear plates make for a very clean and easy install. I'd never put them on a fork tube, makes a mess and hard to get off without scraping the tube up. Ditto for putting it on any painted surface or windscreen.

When I lived in Australia the Rego sticker fit in a little plastic case that was attached using one of the bolts for the chain guard. I think in Britain they tend to use the front fork tube brake or reflector bolt to hold the plate for the sticker. Just depends on the local law.

Last edited:
Here they stick it on the fork tube and the law will not allow them to "Attach it to a removable part" and the definition of that part is any part that can be removed and leave the bike fully operational. So for NH, they use the left fork tube. If it was anywhere else, I think the cops would stop me because my bike "wasn't inspected" and then I'd have to point it out. :( ;)

Have never really checked here so see what the law says about where inspection sticker has to/should go, but any place I've gone uses a plate that mounts the tag and has a space below the tag for the sticker. Since this is removable, so it might not be that big of a deal in in TX.

The air bases I've lived on required the sticker to be on the lower left fork tube.

Just wondering where everyone is putting their inspection stickers. Custom brackets? Have seen a few on the forum that have one below the license plate. Any pictures are welcome!

I made a “custom” bracket using tin-snips and a thin piece of aluminum “sheet-stock.” I bent it in a “S” shape, and the portion of the bracket (behind the license plate) is almost as wide as the plate, allowing the use of the existing license plate lower holes as the mounting points (black bolts.)

darth5oh-albums-06-fz1-picture3031-plate2.jpg

darth5oh-albums-06-fz1-picture3030-plate.jpg

Back