***I'm Back! Vacation 2013***

Got back from the AMA Races and my vacation out in PA. Finally got to meet Erci (Eric), and Lonney and his wife Louise. The AMA Races were exciting as they are every year. Saturday we rode in from PA to the races and it was downright frigid! After a red flag in the Superbike Race, we decided to leave before the sun went down. It wound up being a good call cause by the time we were 20 minutes from Brian's house, we were really feeling the cold despite wearing our leather jackets. Sunday was the complete opposite with the temps up near 77 degrees and no wind. We had a blast in the Yamaha Grandstands with Me, Richie, Brian (Blavenia), his wife Michelle, daughter Lexi, David (Earlzach), his friend Brian, ERCI (Eric), Lonney and his wife Louise. Pretty nice sized group! I thank all of those guys for just a super time. Now for all the photos! I'll break them into three sets, the AMA Races, our PA Ride with Peter1968, and my last PA Ride with Brian and Michelle.

AMA Races.......

IMG_1308_zps0b909fe6.jpg

IMG_1312_zps7b44d53b.jpg

IMG_1313_zps7e6f3609.jpg

IMG_1315_zpsfdfc8e41.jpg

IMG_1319_zpsb34fcb98.jpg

IMG_1323_zps48de70af.jpg

IMG_1327_zps70dfe37a.jpg

IMG_1331_zps91769202.jpg

IMG_1339_zps955ceb92.jpg

IMG_1343_zps45f8b307.jpg

IMG_1371_zpsa42c6bbb.jpg

IMG_1374_zps101d41df.jpg

IMG_1396_zpsb0dac119.jpg

IMG_1403_zps512c7bf5.jpg

IMG_1408_zps84f08cba.jpg

IMG_1414_zpseb5d1181.jpg

IMG_1418_zpse5df3209.jpg

IMG_1422_zps82091be2.jpg

IMG_1430_zpscd713129.jpg

IMG_0170_zpsd0c7c344.jpg

Sunday Race Day Two

Brian tries the Ape on for size!

IMG_0171_zpse2f54fad.jpg

Me sitting on the all new FZ-09

IMG_0173_zps302c82f7.jpg

New R6

IMG_0174_zps9c1d643b.jpg

Brian with Josh Hayes's R1

IMG_0179_zpsceebdbd5.jpg

Me and the two Josh's

IMG_0184_zpsbd236867.jpg

Richie and his new shirt and glasses. I also bought a shirt but had it signed and didn't want to mess it up.

IMG_0187_zps43939bc4.jpg

Here's the "gang" in the stands.

IMG_0189_zps35f477bf.jpg

Lonney representing the Forum!

IMG_0205_zpsdc474ef1.jpg

David, Eric, and Lonney

IMG_0211_zps5138eeab.jpg

***READ FIRST BEFORE LOOKING AT NEXT PICTURE***

Now for the highlight of our day. This golf cart full of knuckleheads pull up in front of the stands, beers in hand, and think it's okay to block everyone's view. One of the muscle heads gets up on top of the cart and thinks he's all "that".....until he took off his shirt! Everyone in the stands had a chuckle at his expense!

Yes! The dude had a "tramp stamp"!!!
IMG_0199_zpsedbccb6f.jpg

PA Ride #1 Tuesday

So while on vacation, I was staying at my dear friend Brian's house along with his wife Michelle and daughter Lexi. They were as usual, the most gracious of hosts. I really had a total blast there and was sad to leave. We had planned a ride for Monday but mother nature had different plans so we pushed it ahead to Tuesday. Five riders, all members here: Peter1968, Earlzach, Lonney, Blavenia, and Me. Me, Brian, and Pete rode down to West Chester to meet up with Lonney and Dave. We then rode up north to Pete's house to make a pit stop and top off. The ride there was, how do I say, "spirited" to say the least. :angel: Hahaha!!This wasn't going to be a ride for the faint of heart!

The meeting spot in West Chester

IMG_0227_zpsf388b932.jpg

Pit Stop at Pete's house. What a nice area and I just love his garage and basement!
IMG_0228_zpsde6f9e17.jpg

IMG_0233_zps5f2d43ec.jpg

First stop, and beautful Covered Bridge.
IMG_0234_zpsd5ea21c4.jpg

Our Guide for the day, Pete, and his new Triumph Tiger.
IMG_0236_zps37489bfd.jpg

Second stop, the Hawk Valley General Store.
IMG_0238_zps949942b5.jpg

Last stop before heading back. Great food!
Brian being his nutty self. Too much adreneline I think!
IMG_0240_zps7c8e2176.jpg

The "Boys" waiting for some grub!
IMG_0241_zpsaf13e639.jpg

We had a stupendous ride. The roads that Pete took us on were spectacular! A combination of everything you could imagine. We all made it back safe, sound, and thankfully with no speeding tickets!

PA Ride #2 Wednesday

Wednesday, and my fifth and final day in PA, we decided to head out for a early morning ride before I packed up and headed for home. It would be me, Brian and Michelle. We headed over to the Hopewell Furnace which lies in a State Park not too far from their house. It was a beautiful morning for a ride, not too hot and not too cold, just perfect. Our first stop was however, to get a picture of the Nuclear Power Plant which I was seeing from Brian's house all week.

IMG_1495_zpsca97b403.jpg

After that, we headed for the park. The Hopewell Furnace was used for 1771 to the early 1800's to melt down pig iron.

IMG_1497_zps3b70aba1.jpg

IMG_1499_zpsf033e385.jpg

IMG_1500_zpse62e7551.jpg

IMG_1505_zps0b891d1f.jpg

The braking system on these old wagons was amazing to see. Nothing but an intricate lever system and leather pad that "cups" the wheel. Pretty cool!
IMG_1503_zps6ad7f87e.jpg

The Wheelhouse
IMG_1506_zpsee3ca275.jpg

IMG_1508_zps2e74b85a.jpg

The two "love birds" taking a rest.
IMG_1510_zps0f31b71d.jpg

IMG_1511_zpse6cd564c.jpg

The actual Furnace
IMG_1512_zps62597a9c.jpg

The water wheel that drives the bellows to stoke the furnace. It never stops.
IMG_1517_zps0d71c13b.jpg

Work area.
IMG_1523_zpse1efbf83.jpg

A Colonial Era Vise.
IMG_1524_zps4b5e4ae1.jpg

Spooky side of the workshop.
IMG_1525_zpsb45eb32a.jpg

IMG_1526_zps2fb525af.jpg

IMG_1528_zps3d062034.jpg

An actual Conestoga Wagon.
IMG_1530_zpscd0b9871.jpg

Inside the main house.
IMG_1531_zpsccb2c0fb.jpg

That's all for this trip. I had an awesome time, got to meet Eric, and ride with Lonney. I already can't wait until the next trip. Northeast maybe?????:Rockon:

Looks like you had a great vacation Billy. Nice.

Thanks Pete. We all had a wonderful time. I'm truly blessed that I have made what have become really dear friends to me on this forum, and anyone that knows me can tell you that I don't use the term "friend" very often. It was very sad to leave Brian's place cause we were having such a grand time together each day. I just didn't want to wear out my welcome so I figured that 5 days with me hanging around were enough. The Tuesday ride was awesome to say the least and I won't incriminate myself or anyone else, but just let's say that it was controlled aggression! ;) I was averaging 43mpg before that ride and maybe got about 37/38mpg during that ride. Just a whole lot of fun. Oh, and yes, I do have many videos which will be up in the next two days. :evillaugh:

Sweet vacation Billy and some awesome shots! Glad it was both relaxing and spirited but more important, SAFE!

Quite a mix of bikes to gather. Did any of you swap off and try each others bikes? We've done that a couple times up here. I got to try a bunch of cool bikes.

And yes, Northeast please! Let me know and I can squeeze out a 3 or 4 day weekend. ;)

Billy It was great to get together with all of you guys for the race and best of the Ride on Tues was awesome.. I hope I didnt hold yas back too much.
I know it sux to stop for gas all of the time but dang I love to ride this thing.

Eric, nice to meet you. Looking forward to the next ride.

Great shots Billy! Can't believe the quality of photos that camera takes. Really amazing shots.

You could have stayed the rest of the week if you wanted! Lexi loved having you help with her homework. You guys really covered all the information about Royersford we never knew.

In response to some other questions, the only two freaks that traded bikes were Dave (Earlzach) and I. I wanted to try the VMax and thought he would enjoy the bicycle like nature of the Monster, so we swapped. All I can say is it takes a guy like Dave to own one of those beasts!

It was a great ride on Tuesday and Wednesday was fun as well. My wife and I tried to delay Billy as much as we could with our AM ride that day hoping he would just decide to stay another day, but he had to go. We never told him our plan to keep him!

Great posts Billy! Hopefully we'll see you again soon.

Sweet vacation Billy and some awesome shots! Glad it was both relaxing and spirited but more important, SAFE!

Quite a mix of bikes to gather. Did any of you swap off and try each others bikes? We've done that a couple times up here. I got to try a bunch of cool bikes.

And yes, Northeast please! Let me know and I can squeeze out a 3 or 4 day weekend. ;)

Eric, yes, I will make sure to figure out another weekend soon to get up there for a couple of days. I know the car towed with no problem at all so it will be easy.

Awesome pics, Billy .. and great adventures!

Was great to meet all of you!! :tup:

Eric, same here bud. We had a great time with you Sunday. We have to get some Jersey side rides in with some of the boys!

Billy It was great to get together with all of you guys for the race and best of the Ride on Tues was awesome.. I hope I didnt hold yas back too much.
I know it sux to stop for gas all of the time but dang I love to ride this thing.

Eric, nice to meet you. Looking forward to the next ride.

Hold back??? Maybe for gas stops but not on the roads! I never saw anyone throw around a VMax like you do pal. You Da Man!

Great shots Billy! Can't believe the quality of photos that camera takes. Really amazing shots.

You could have stayed the rest of the week if you wanted! Lexi loved having you help with her homework. You guys really covered all the information about Royersford we never knew.

In response to some other questions, the only two freaks that traded bikes were Dave (Earlzach) and I. I wanted to try the VMax and thought he would enjoy the bicycle like nature of the Monster, so we swapped. All I can say is it takes a guy like Dave to own one of those beasts!

It was a great ride on Tuesday and Wednesday was fun as well. My wife and I tried to delay Billy as much as we could with our AM ride that day hoping he would just decide to stay another day, but he had to go. We never told him our plan to keep him!

Great posts Billy! Hopefully we'll see you again soon.

So that was your master plan hey?! Hahahaha!!! It almost worked! I really would have stayed but I felt so bad putting Lexi out of her room. I know it was fun for her but I still felt funny. Trust me, I'm really going to look into a move. Just need to save some dough to hold me over until I could find work. I'm hooked on PA for sure! I'll be back soon, before the end of the riding season. I just may surprise you one day! Thanks again for everything. Tell Lexi that I'm proud of her great school work!:tup:

Back