im at a lost????????????

02 fz1

ok guys so ive written and as helpful as everybodys been my motor still is not running!!!! i know the motorcycle world frowns upon people doing mods like i am. but i am putting my motor in my 02 raptor quad. the guy said it ran! it will fire when i spray starting fluid in the carbs. the wirings somewhat messed up but its mosetly there. i know i need to order a manual and im going to. it wants to fire but jut wont! u guys are the professionals with these and im looking for some guidance. i did go through the motor and every thing looks good! please help and i thank you guys!!!!!!!:shame:

Give a bit more history as to what it is you are trying to do,or post a link to the original line of questioning.

What do you have in your possession as far as parts? Was this a full bike that you decided to partout and put the engine in the raptor or just being creative and picked up misc bits because the price was right?

A little bit more info can go a long way to help in your quest to make the fraken-n-raptor come alive.

Give a bit more history as to what it is you are trying to do,or post a link to the original line of questioning.

What do you have in your possession as far as parts? Was this a full bike that you decided to partout and put the engine in the raptor or just being creative and picked up misc bits because the price was right?

A little bit more info can go a long way to help in your quest to make the fraken-n-raptor come alive.

I believe his problem is, according to him, that the bike is missing a fuel pump. That would explain why she will fire with starting fluid. He needs to remain on his original thread which I will look for, and take a few good pictures of the bike, especially the exhaust side, so that maybe we can see whats missing, if the pump is in fact missing.

i have just the motor,and wiring harness. i just got a fuel pump and tried it and it isnt working. ive cleaned the carbs, changed the plugs and the oil. the harness has some clipped wires and im wondering if thats the problem. i need to find a wiring diagram so i can go through the harness. its the only thing i can think of?? thanx for replying guys!!!!!!

It seems more like a fuel supply issue than a wiring issue since it starts with fluid but will not continue to run. If there was a problem with the spark it would not fire at all.

thats what i was thinking but lst nite i played with it and with starting fluid it wont even fire now. its wierd like sometimes it will and sometimes it wont. the guy i got the motor off of had it in a quad as well and he clipped a bunch of wires. i dont think he knew what he was doing as it looks like a hack job!!! i want to do it right so if i find a wiring diagram i am going to go through it and do it the right way!

I am guessing that if some of the sensors like the kick stand sensor or the roll over sensor don't get properly installed, or properly bypassed it will cause the bike not to run... I would really look at those to start. If you fuel pump is not priming when you turn the key that should give you a clue.

How many times have you tried to start it on starting fluid? If its been quite a few, you may have washed the cylinder walls down. Even though you keep adding fluid to start it, you'll have lost enough compression from there being no oil on the cylinder walls so it won't turn over.

No?

Any updates?

I am guessing that if some of the sensors like the kick stand sensor or the roll over sensor don't get properly installed, or properly bypassed it will cause the bike not to run... I would really look at those to start. If you fuel pump is not priming when you turn the key that should give you a clue.

Thats a great idea Junior! I didn't think of that. So true about the kickstand switch. Nice job!

Back