Ignition problem

My 2011 with 2000km on the clock sometime starts then dies again directly after firing up. Once you are in this situation you can repeat it at least 5 times. If you give throttle it starts properly. Any suggestions?

Sent from my X-Wing

I have an 09 and im starting to have the same problem.It was really hot here yesterday and the first time it happened was after filling up.the second time was after it sat for a break.People on this site have said vapor lock which is what i think was my problem was.But it is a sick feeling when you hit the button and starts fir a spit second and BLA

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk 2

I have the same problem occasionally on my 2007, and when she does start up, sometimes cuts out for no reason while I am riding. Hapend once while I was turning at low speed, and I actually dropped the bike, in the parking lot at the local supermarket, with my wife on pillion. Felt like such an ass.
:iamwithstupid:

Does actually feel like some kind of vapour lock. Will try set the idling up and see how it goes.

Don't necessarily attribute the failure to "ignition or spark" when it could be fuel. Sounds like some kind of vapor lock either with a sticking gas cap valve or a crimped tube/fuel line.

Back