If money wasn't a concern, what would be the next ride?

FZ1inTX

Adminstrator
So, with all bets off, and a fresh Lotto bank account, what would be the first bike you ran out and bought? :cloud9: :drools:

Mine would be this one:

attachment.php

I know it sounds absurd but I'm riding the bike I really want right now. I was super happy with the FZ6 and now I feel that way with the FZ1. My friend just bought a brand new BMW K1300 and we switched rides. He loved riding the FZ1 and wants to try it again the next time we ride. The Beemer is a sweet bike but apart from the fabulous and huge hard saddle cases (which I am envious of since each can hold a full face helmet and then some) I still like my ride better to be honest. But we'll see. I haven't been too faithful to my rides.

LOL Money hum no limit...... I would have to say I would buy at least 10 at one time, all makes and models to go with my mood for riding that day. LOL

Not a fare question to ask my friend. LOL

Last edited:
;) Norm, the first one pictured above? Our bikes are like a Kia and the Bimota is like the Lamborghini. Once you take a lap with the Bimota, you'd wonder what ever attracted you to the FZ1. That Ducati is a close second, built next door, same engine, but half the cost at $18,995. :D

This might sound strange. But I would keep my FZ-1. And if money was no object, I would buy a house with a bigger garage so I could fit another bike. Particularly my old 95 ZX-7. I really miss that bike and wish I never sold her. \sigh. One day.
787d1251081981-if-money-wasnt-concern-what-would-next-ride-angle-ninja.jpg

I guess you're right Eric. But please don't buy one or I'm going to have to get one also.

Osup, you're right. That is a classic. Maybe you'll come across her again one day.

As money would be no object it would be custom built BM. Seriously. A GS1200 with HP2 engine, 17" wheels and supertrap exhaust. + some interesting paint as the standard ones are DULL. Of course I would keep the FZ for when it broke down!

Given the extremely limited production of the Bimota, I'll take the same engine please?

attachment.php

When I was at Willow a guy on one of these dumped it in the corner that Wavex crashed in. It couldn't have been more than a few months old. There was also a guy who dumped a brand new Brutale, his bike had temp tags on it! : oops:

I don't know that I would change my FZ1. Even if money was no object, my choice would probably be a pure sportsbike like a GSXR1000 or R1. The only problem is that it probably wouldn't get much use with my old carcass. I could however trailer it to track days which wouldn't be that bad.

Back