Idling problem on my FZ1

louien

Hi All,

I bought a brand new FZ1 Fazer, model 2010 and I have been riding it for more than a year now. The problem I have had with it since the beginning is that, it always idles at around 500~800 RPM/min, and the engine stops after few seconds of idling. It is annoying as eveytime I am on a red stop and on neutral, my bike stops and I have to restart it when the light goes green.

I want to adjust the idling to around 1000 rpm/min but I have no idea how to do that. I tried to look for the idling adjustment lever, but I could not find it.
Anyone knows how to adjust it for this particular model?

Any help would be greatly appreciated.

Hi All,

I bought a brand new FZ1 Fazer, model 2010 and I have been riding it for more than a year now. The problem I have had with it since the beginning is that, it always idles at around 500~800 RPM/min, and the engine stops after few seconds of idling. It is annoying as eveytime I am on a red stop and on neutral, my bike stops and I have to restart it when the light goes green.

I want to adjust the idling to around 1000 rpm/min but I have no idea how to do that. I tried to look for the idling adjustment lever, but I could not find it.
Anyone knows how to adjust it for this particular model?

Any help would be greatly appreciated.

I believe it's on the left side (Clutch side) of the bike. Look closely, you should see a "turn knob" somewhere near the throttle bodies. Turn it clockwise and you'll raise the idle, and counterclockwise to lower it. Most guys like it between 1100 to 1300 rpms. I had a GenI so I'm just assuming they are in nearly the same place. Check it out and let us know.

I found this schematic on Partshark. It may or may not be what you need to look for. Maybe a GenII owner can help you out here.

Throttle.jpg

When you adjust your idle be sure the engine is warmed up to 180f or higher.

The idle adjustment will have no affect at lower temps because the thermo-wax unit is controlling the idle below approximately 160F

I suggest 1250-1350rpm for your idle setting.

Hi Billy,

Thank you for the quick response.
I saw a video somewhere that showed the knob inside, underneath the tank (maybe an older model), and that threw me off. I looked under the tank, and didn't look in the most obvious place. I found the knob right where you said it would be, and adjusted it to 1200 rpm/min and I love it now. I left the engine running for a few mintues and it didn't stop.

Thank you for your help.

Back