icon overlord prime pants?

returnrider

wondering if anyone has worn the overlord prime pants by icon? i am interested in the style as it is over the boot pant instead of the racer inside the pant leather. since i am a bit older and calmer i don't feel the need for the race style leathers. any suggestions would be welcomed as well, thanks all.

Well, it looks like we're both "older and calmer" but I gave up the "over the boot" style for the European "in the boot" style.

My old Sliders Kevlar textile pants were a pain to get on. Pants on, then boots on, then do up zipper on liner and then do up zipper on pants and you look like the Michelin Man.

I went over to a pair of Alpinestars and now I zip up the pants and put on the boots. It's easier for an older guy to remember and I don't look like the Michelin Man.

If the pants you are buying are "overpants" make note of the information provided. I ordered a pair of Icon pants from a major supplier and they didn't mention they were overpants. They were so huge that I couldn't possibly wear them as I don't wear regular pants under riding pants.

Last edited:
Well, it looks like we're both "older and calmer" but I gave up the "over the boot" style for the European "in the boot" style.

My old Sliders Kevlar textile pants were a pain to get on. Pants on, then boots on, then do up zipper on liner and then do up zipper on pants and you look like the Michelin Man.

I went over to a pair of Alpinestars and now I zip up the pants and put on the boots. It's easier for an older guy to remember and I don't look like the Michelin Man.

If the pants you are buying are "overpants" make note of the information provided.

I ordered a pair of Icon mesh pants from a major supplier and they omitted to mention that they were "overpants". Those pants were so darned big, I could have got into only one leg but they were hopelessly large for me and they were sent back.

they are actually meant to be worn like pants and not overpants, so might fit a bit looser than regular leathers but not as loose as my textile overpants? my legs are also a bit bigger than normal from alot of years in the gym with powerlifter types and its all i can do to zip my boots so not sure i could wear inside boot leathers? i totally get the easier to remember motto as well because sometimes it sucks being older and calmer!

Back