I was STUPID

Sad! Why did you think you needed a cruiser? How many rides did it take to convince you you were wrong? What cruiser did you get?

Tough way to learn... Hope it sorts back out sooner than later!

oh man said to hear I did the exact same thing also realized that I did the wrong thing very soon after. It'll all work out in the end. Best of luck

Haha, I did the same thing! Thought I was getting too old for a sport bike, so bought a V-Max. Loved it, for about two weeks. By the time I managed to get rid of it 3 months later I hated the damn thing...

The big cruisers have their place but usually they are a good 300 lbs or more heavier than a true sport bike. After hauling one around for a while they seem to require a lot of effort. I sold a 2006 V-Rod Night Rod for a Suzuki M109R then went to a Suzuki DL650. Both the V-Rod and M109 were in the 750 lb class and were just tooooo much work to handle the curves. It was an expensive test. The FZ1 is much lighter, faster, and quicker, plus it feels like a kids toy after trying to haul a 750 pounder around. You can even back it up without having a friend or neighbor help.

I wish i could've kept my Saber and still have room for the FZ1 but no such luck
maybe in the future i can get it back and have two great bikes in the stable

i'm too familiar with expensive mistakes. I have an 09 DRZ400S that I love but it's too tall for me. Off road (tight trails) I can't recover from near falls, legs aren't long enough. I'll probably sell it. I fixed that error by buying a plated Honda CRF230F.

As for my road bikes, I test road several Harleys. I soon realized that even their "fast bike" wasn't fast enough for me. Hell my DRZ400 will out run the 96 CI softtail (0 - about 60). I'm very satisfied with the FYZ1. Best road bike I've ever had.

Last edited:
I have a V Star 1300 that I have ridden for several years; just bought the FZ1. The V* is a lot heavier, and harder to push around; that said, I also have the fraidy cat gene, and don't think I will ever ride the FZ1 to its full potential. I am blessed to be able to fit both in my garage!

I've made most of my mistakes on dirt bikes (not quite the dollars as street bikes) but still it all adds up! And T30 i know what the short legs on a drz400s is all about!!! but I can get passed that,it's at 49 years old the endros over 150 mi. take it out of me.Still fun if I don't hour out and get no pin lol:doh2:

I also have a V-Star 1300. I got the 05 FZ1 for my son but he wanted to sell it and "upgrade" to a KTM Super Duke. He loves it, but I like the ride of the FZ more...so now I have both in my garage and find I enjoy the FZ more than the cruiser on shorter trips. I really like the sound of the "angry beehive" when the rpms go up on the FZ. The road just becomes a blur REAL FAST, so exercising throttle control is my constant reminder. Great Bike!!!

Back