I want one too...

I just joined the forum in the last week. You don't know this but you all helped me pull the trigger on a new 2009 FZ1. I road home last night from the dealer. Wow! Great torque compared to my FZ6 that my son will take over. This is my second sport bike. I have had three cruisers in the past, the last being the Yamaha Warrior. I look forward to putting alot of miles on this bike.

Welcome to the site! It really is quite an upgrade from the FZ6! :D I won't go back...

Pics! How old is your son? He's got to be excited! What a great Dad!! That's two this month!

I see a trend happening here! Another lucky kid. Lets see them side by side. Welcome aboard! How old is your boy? Mine is 16 and just got his first on-road bike, an 07' Kawasaki Ninja 250R. He's been smiling since last Saturday.

I see a trend happening here! Another lucky kid. Lets see them side by side. Welcome aboard! How old is your boy? Mine is 16 and just got his first on-road bike, an 07' Kawasaki Ninja 250R. He's been smiling since last Saturday.

It must feel good to be a trend setter. :)

Oh! ..Welcome aboard!

Thanks all. I'll get some pics up as soon as I get the Leo Vince Factory slip-on that I ordered. Should be in early next week. Can't wait. I have been pretty good and haven't spent alot on the last two bikes for mods. I may fall off the wagon again with this one.

My son is 19. He is pretty excited. He has been wanting a bike, but funds are tight for a kid trying to work, go to school and figure out life. My wife and I have talked about getting him on a bike for some time. He has to buy all his own gear head to toe. And he has to have a vested interest in the bike, learning to maintain it, pay some for it, buy tires when needed, etc. The whole grown up thing. I'm sorta old fashion in the responsibility category. But I get to build more memories with my son and I'm sure slip a few dollars in here and there :)

Thanks all. I'll get some pics up as soon as I get the Leo Vince Factory slip-on that I ordered. Should be in early next week. Can't wait. I have been pretty good and haven't spent alot on the last two bikes for mods. I may fall off the wagon again with this one.

My son is 19. He is pretty excited. He has been wanting a bike, but funds are tight for a kid trying to work, go to school and figure out life. My wife and I have talked about getting him on a bike for some time. He has to buy all his own gear head to toe. And he has to have a vested interest in the bike, learning to maintain it, pay some for it, buy tires when needed, etc. The whole grown up thing. I'm sorta old fashion in the responsibility category. But I get to build more memories with my son and I'm sure slip a few dollars in here and there :)

It's great to know that good parenting is still alive and well someplace! Well done! We've raised our kids much the same. But, now it's up to them to make it.... our days of nesting are over. ;)

Way to go Dad! I'm in the same boat as my son is 19 too, I gave him a 99 Nissan pickup (he has been a bit hard on it) and the xt 350 to ride. Now I am feeling guilty for not letting him ride the 6 but he needs to be working before I dole out anymore as I, like you expect him to step up to the whole responsibility thing.

You don't know this but you all helped me pull the trigger on a new 2009 FZ1

I actually was aware we were persuading you. Yea, that's right, I'm a Motorcycle specific clairvoyant. It's a gift-I take no credit. :laugh2:

Congrats, man, enjoy! Remember: rubber side down.

And can you also see I have a strong urge to modify the fender to clean up the tail? I wonder if I really need sleep tonight? The garage (the inner sanctum) is calling.

Back