I thought I was done riding this year...

bsly

but Mother Nature has been kind and gave us Ohioans a 65 degree day in late November (the 22nd!). I didnt have plans to ride again this year, but I couldn't resist. I drug my riding gear out of the closet, wheeled the bike out of the garage and enjoyed 40 miles of country highways. I saw only one other rider who was on an adventure style bike (I think it was a BMW).

I tried out some soft armored Jafrum textile riding pants that I picked up earlier this year. They have a windproof/waterproof liner, as well as an insulated liner. I probably didn't need the insulation, but zipped it in anyway and then put them on over top a pair of jeans. I was toasty warm at 65MPH and I am pretty sure I still would have been warm at 50 degrees or less. These pants are a great bargain. Only fault I could find is that they tend to ride up a bit when your legs are bent, resulting in the Knee armor being a bit too high. Once the knee armor is broke in this might not happen, but I think the pants need some foot stirups sewn onto the cuffs, which would completely fix the issue. The pants were only $60 or $65 and I am impressed with the quality.

You gotta get those rides in when you can. The best thing about living down here in Australia is that we have a year round riding season. I feel sorry for you blokes, I suppose it's time to dust off the ski's and snowboards instead.

You gotta get those rides in when you can. The best thing about living down here in Australia is that we have a year round riding season. I feel sorry for you blokes, I suppose it's time to dust off the ski's and snowboards instead.

You're right, but unfortunately I don't like either so I just hibernate until Spring time ;) I just need to move to a warmer climate because I certainly don't mind the heat!

I am to lazy to average it but this should give you a good idea. ;)

4649d1290475143-i-thought-i-done-riding-year-capture.jpg

Although the last few years it seems we are regularly getting in to the 100's. I would say August is the hottest month not July but I think that is because the humidity is building. I am not joking when I say I put by bike up for two weeks in the winter and that is only because I took a vacation somewhere that I can ski. ;)

Last edited:
Wow, not too bad. I averaged everything out and it works out to be:

Average Low = 58.2

Average High= 79.3

I could live with these temps as long as the humidity stays in check.
Thanks for the info Brad.

Wow, not too bad. I averaged everything out and it works out to be:

Average Low = 58.2

Average High= 79.3

I could live with these temps as long as the humidity stays in check.
Thanks for the info Brad.

Texas being not too far from Arizona, I would expect it to be a "dry heat", but maybe not since it's on the gulf. Now I am curious... whats typical in TX: dry or humid air?

Texas being not too far from Arizona, I would expect it to be a "dry heat", but maybe not since it's on the gulf. Now I am curious... whats typical in TX: dry or humid air?

It is a torturous kind of humid. 95 degrees and 95% humidity. 30 seconds outside and you are drenched in sweat in July & August. Arizona is desert basically. We are more subtropical.

We had an unbelievable season here in NH but because of work and home projects, coupled with my wife's surgery and my using up all my vacation time to care for her, there was not a lot of time to ride. I can only hope that next year is close to the same season and we can ride a lot more!

Back