I think Yamaha should try these in the US

FZ1inTX

Adminstrator
I'd like to see these for commuting and around town stuff. I don't know what the MPG is but it's got to be quite high.

Yamaha Fazer and FZ-S special edition for Diwali 2013 | Rush Lane

yamaha-fazer-2013-diwali-special-edition-1.jpg

Cool look for the city. I like power though, could never go back to a 650. Well, maybe with a turbo:Rockon:

650? :D This Yamaha is a 153cc single cylinder. :eek5: Don't need any power to go around town, to the store, to the Dr & Dentist..... Need power to hit the twisties and long haul days. :Rockon:

Love it! Very cool city bike.

I owned a CBR125R which did not get sold in America. 13 hp single 125cc, fuel injected, 270 lbs wet, 6 speed, 90 MPG and easily capable of 70 mph with a 200 lb guy on board.

Great bike and a hell of a lot of fun.

I'd like to see these for commuting and around town stuff. I don't know what the MPG is but it's got to be quite high.

Yamaha Fazer and FZ-S special edition for Diwali 2013 | Rush Lane

yamaha-fazer-2013-diwali-special-edition-1.jpg

The best reason that a good looking, entry level bike should be brought to North America is to get the next generation of riders onto a bike. Having an affordable bike that will excite and not intimidate will start a lifelong love of motorcycling with the young riders. By seeding the market, Yamaha, like Honda will then be able to afford to make new models (like a gen 3) for the more mature and affluent riders, like us.

I personally like the bike, including the color choice.

I actually like it.... but I'm biased being an Army Vet. :D
As a Royal Air Force Vet I was rather it was blue.

:UK flag:

I don't mind the black and green, just not a fan of the yellow and grey bits in it. :angel:

I agree with Oldschool on the reasons we should have something like that over here though.

Last edited:
At that price it would be a perfect tag along bike for my wife. She's interested in riding but not really serious about big tours and stuff; she just wants to ride 1/2 hour or so to a pretty place nearby and have lunch a few times every summer. She'd never ride over 65MPH and needs something light and easy to handle. We'd be the cutest couple in town, me on my FZ1 and her on her FZ0.15

This stuff does not sell in the US .... everybody has tried to bring in this sort of machine and they sell a few hundred and the rest pile up in warehouses. We do not live in the 1960's any longer and a step through Honda and the tag line, "You meet the nicest people on a Honda" is outdated and not operative. The price in the US would be more than $1,500 due to emission testing, crash testing, marketing, etc, etc. The importers have been burned too many times on the few people who swear they would buy one of these and then are no where to be found once they roll into the dealer's showrooms.

If they imported them to the Americas for under $1500 they would sell every one they produced at list price.

Experience shows they would not sell many of these. Americans want proper sized vehicles.

At that price it would be a perfect tag along bike for my wife.

Buy your wife a good scooter....more comfortable and a better road vehicle. You can pack the picnic lunch under the scooter's seat with room to spare.

Last edited:
Back