I think I may need to see a doctor.................

It must be contagious. The only thing that I'm not looking forward to about the S1000R is the color schemes. White, Blue, or Red. I want black.

I went for a walk down to the local BMW motorcycle dealer in my lunch break to have a look at it, when I got there it has moved & is now a Ferrari dealership..... Is that supposed to mean something? Don't get the BMW... Get a Ferrari?

It was a long walk in +41degC heat. I love Adelaide Summers.:icon_beer:

I'll have to go to the one by my house on the weekend & have a look.

I'm with you Bogie. Everything I have read says they are awesome bikes and even the testers are struggling to find anything to criticise about them.

Sent from my Nexus 5

Maybe I have the cure ;). Just look at the S1000RR, after two years BMW did a complete update which addressed all the problems. I am not sure that really all are solved. Anyway BMW is known for releasing bikes that can have problems so maybe waiting for an updated version is the better and less troublesome way to go.

Personally I would always hesitate to buy a new model, most models independent of the manufacturer get an important update after one or two years removing all the small (or large) issues which came up by the 1st gen of customers.

I must be the only one who doesn't quite "get" the concept of the bike.
It's not a true naked, it's not fully faired, it's some kind of weird half breed.

Don't get me wrong it looks great and seems to be a helluva bike from all reports. But I'm a little confused as to where it sits in the market.

I must be the only one who doesn't quite "get" the concept of the bike.
It's not a true naked, it's not fully faired, it's some kind of weird half breed.

Don't get me wrong it looks great and seems to be a helluva bike from all reports. But I'm a little confused as to where it sits in the market.
lol kind of like a FZ1 ????.

Myself Im not fond of the speedo cover, I know its petty....:dontknow:

Nr47Uz0+%25281%2529.jpg

I like it a lot, too. Not enough to trade in my 2012 fz yet, though, even given my screen name, and love for the brand (cars mostly). I would say my plan would be to wait for a a nice used one in a few years, to save some $$. I was happy on my sv650 for a few years, I suspect the FZ will keep me excited for longer than that.

That being said. I am going to have to fight with myself not to try the BMW on the road, knowing the BMW Motorrad Dealers do demos. I am going to wait a while though, I am nervous about how much I might like it after a ride! --MW :scared:

The reality is that with my shoulder surgery and recovery, I am most likely not able to do something till the end of next year so plenty of time to wait and see, test ride and so forth. Then I will decide whether to bye a available 2014 or a 2015..:icon_beer:

Back