I stepped in dog crap, but i saved a bunch of money on my car insurance...

i didn't really step in dog crap, but i did switch from a local/regional car insurance company to USAA for veteran's and active/reserve military and i saved $935 per year. geico and progressive were only knocking off $200 from my current companies premium. so i did a ton of research and got a ton of different quotes and was about to buy the geico policy thinking $200 is better than nothing. well this morning i figure it can't hurt to call USAA. so i call them and we go through the coverage and everything. the product is the same (all coverage amounts and values are the same as my old policy) but $935 less. i've been in a good mood all day, except when i have felt betrayed and wronged by my old company for a few moments, but then i think of USAA and i get happy again. just had to share that with you guys because i am so psyched about it. but also to tell you guys to shop around because there might be something better out there! and it's worth checking out! that is all. you may now go about your original forum business. :Rockon:

edit: the old company was Quincy Mutual if you live in the area and know anything about them or have them. highway robbery my friends.

I've been with them for 15+ years and every now and then get the urge to play the "what if" game never turns out good for the competitors.

They farm out the bike to progressive, but I pay just under 4 bills for full coverage and have not been able to find anyone else come close!

USAA also handles majority of my banking. They have been great for me and I hope the trend continues for you.

Especially love their app for banking. There is not anything I can't do from my device.

that's exactly what the lady said to me when i bought the policy. i think i will open an account. USAA was unavailable in MA a few years ago along with most insurance agencies because of government regulation, but now MA has opened up in the last few years and many companies have moved in. i already have progressive for my bike, so that doesn't matter, because like you said USAA goes through them anyway. progressive is excellent bike insurance. USAA all the way!

I'd been with USAA for years and bailed on them. I've now got all of my insurance with Safeco; with the house, cars, bike, umbrella, I'm saving a ton with Safeco. Check 'em out.

I'd been with USAA for years and bailed on them. I've now got all of my insurance with Safeco; with the house, cars, bike, umbrella, I'm saving a ton with Safeco. Check 'em out.

go ahead and rain on my parade! j/k i'm not going to bother because i can guarantee it won't be anywhere near it. it will be with the industry average with geico, state farm, allstate, etc... they all had similar quotes mostly within $20 of each other. you are the first and only one i know that has bailed on them which is interesting. but if it wasn't good for you, then it wasn't good and you gotta do what needs to be done.

I've got my car insurance through them seem like a nice company however I hope I never wreck and gotta find out. However I really don't like that they farm out the bike policy to progressive since they are the most expensive company that i have found.

Yea, I have heard about the low rates with Safeco. Have you ever had to file a claim with them? If so what was your experience?

I have progressive. I carry full coverage on the FZ and just liability on the Hawk. I added my wife to the policy, total cost $245.00 a year

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

go ahead and rain on my parade! j/k i'm not going to bother because i can guarantee it won't be anywhere near it. it will be with the industry average with geico, state farm, allstate, etc... they all had similar quotes mostly within $20 of each other. you are the first and only one i know that has bailed on them which is interesting. but if it wasn't good for you, then it wasn't good and you gotta do what needs to be done.

When I looked at all of my policies Safeco was a better value for me.

The biggest difference was the house, about $700 a year.

Good for you. You served our country and kept me safe. I, on the hand just looked after myself and my family. You, Pete and all the others who served should get great rates. That's the least they could do for you.

All insurance is indivual .... one Company's rates for one person will be crap for another. It is hard to generalize. I used to have Geico but checked with Progressive a few years ago and they undercut it substantially. Since that time I've got auto, bike, home and multi-million umbrella insurance with them at an overall very low rate. Once you bundle everything together and with no prior claims you'll get deep discounts. As always you have to shop around.

Back