I saw the light

Isleoman

Site Supporter

"Nearly 90% of MCN readers believe headlights are getting too bright, with complaints of night time dazzling now also being discussed by major motoring organisations and government departments.

In a survey this week on our #ride5000miles Facebook group, 86% of respondents said they agreed that modern vehicle lights are getting too bright – with some also pointing to poor adjustment, and inefficient auto-dip systems as an issue once the sun goes down. ......................"

What say yee? Are on-coming headlights getting brighter or are operators like me getting older, or both?

I try not to ride at night. It's fun when temps are right but risky. There have been many times lately in my truck where I really don't know what is beyond the quickly approaching car lights , could be a cat, could be a curve, could be a cliff. ahhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhh!!!

I don't drive at night as much as I used to, but headlights are noticeably brighter than they used to be. I usually don't find it too distracting unless they are aimed right at me...

Stupid bright headlights arnt going away. I ended up joining the crowd with some illegal bulbs, but i hardly drive at night anymore. I need them at 3am when i resume towing.

I think most of the problem is with folks replacing their OEM bulbs with whatever-the-fvck LED replacements that are cheap and too bright (unregulated). These same folks then typically don't bother to check the aim, so now oncoming traffic is hammered with a double dose of dumbazz.

LED lighting in general is mis-used.

I think most of the problem is with folks replacing their OEM bulbs with whatever-the-fvck LED replacements that are cheap and too bright (unregulated). These same folks then typically don't bother to check the aim, so now oncoming traffic is hammered with a double dose of dumbazz.

LED lighting in general is mis-used.
I think it's OEM LED lights.

Was guilty of unintentionally blinding drivers last week when I filled my small pick up with snow from the driveway for ballast. Got flashed a couple times.

bmw headlights were the ones for me. And where i was born raised and happily left, there were many of them. Now they have laser headlights. idk if they are worse, cause i stopped driving between 6pm and 3 am about 10 years ago.

bmw headlights were the ones for me. And where i was born raised and happily left, there were many of them. Now they have laser headlights. idk if they are worse, cause i stopped driving between 6pm and 3 am about 10 years ago.

The cars at night
Are Big and Bright
(clap,clap,clap,clap)
Deep in the Heart of Texas

Hey Ron ain't great
Like Washington State
(clap,clap,clap,clap)

F250 trucks Rule
And Beemers ain't cool
(clap,clap,clap,clap)

Gen1s are loved
By the Gods above
(clap,clap,clap, clap)

Last edited:
I was shorts n t-shirt today, 72 degrees.

Nice! We were out of school for the week before last due to... 4 inches of snow. 🤣 To be fair, it was a little icy, but the amount of gravel that got thrown down... :rolleyes: A few days later, temp was in the upper 60's. It gave us a London-esque fog in the morning and you could see the mounds of snow steaming. Kinda cool.

low 70's for the next 3 days. Its a hint to finish rgv work. I'll finally be able to lean it out cause the temps are consistent here. I wont be riding it unless its 80+. That makes me smile. That said, i have a pile of parts for the fz1 and that work starts today.

Cold doesn't really bother me, but three weeks of cloudy gloom makes one wish for Spring.

The wife and I were on a ride (truck) last week and the sun came out for 15 minutes and we were ecstatic.

I'm just recovering from aching back from shoveling snow after a couple of small storms. The big storms are easier because I use the snow blowers at my properties. The doctors want you to take 800 mg of Advil every six hours and it helps, but puts you to sleep.

Back