I rode my FZ1 today!!!!!

lee36

After a long cold winter we had a balmy 55 degree day here in southern newengland ... a few days of rain and the roads were not all bad so I figured what the hell!

So ... after a quick spin with an unregistered bike my lovely wife reminded me we could renew online with email confirmation and I was legit for a good 20 mile warm up ride!!! So cool to get back on it after 3 months of collecting garage dust...

This was my first real ride with Papageno's old GYTR exhaust and man the thing has a mean rumble at low rpm and really screams when you get on it... I also find it very smooth and not obnoxious at all when cruising at 3 to 4 grand... very, very happy with my purchase!

Bring on summer! :D

Nice man! I actually took mine out today as well. But this is like the 5th time I have had it out now LOL.

Me and the woman were on mine yesterday and today.. Then I had it out on my own a few times before that.

Well it was warm here too, but raining all day :( Yesterday was even warmer, but I had an issue at work and ended up having to work most of the day :( :(

I blew a chance a couple of days ago. We had a morning in the upper 40's, but it rained in the afternoon. I should have gotten out when I had the chance. Now there is snow on the ground again.

Soon . . .

We might see ice and snow at the tail end of this rain so I'm not keeping my hopes up. Glad some of you got out for a spin today! I've been wrenching and sanding....

I have been doing some wrenching on the weekends. Tomorrow I have a short list of things to do as well. Going to install my lowering link, but going to adjust it to stock height for now as I know my girl will still be on the bike for another month until she has her license. But, there is also a bunch of other crap for me to do lol.

I had a chance to get out a little last Friday morning. It was in the mid 50's. My current job has me working 7pm to 7am usually 3 days a week, but this past week I was doing 4 (Wednesday night through Saturday night ending Sunday morning). Even though I was very tired, in the middle of my work week and I had promised my wife I wouldn't ride because I was tired, I couldn't help myself when I saw the bike sitting there, as I was pulling into the garage.

I grabbed my new RF-1100, snapped on the pin-lock visor with the amber insert and headed out for a 10-20 mile jaunt. I wish I could have been out longer, but that was enough to let me have good dreams the rest of the day. I'm hoping for a little ride this Tuesday. The weatherman is saying it might be ok, but we'll see just how right he is.

BTW It really is true what everyone else has said about the pin-lock visors, no matter how hard I tried to make it fog up, I could not. :jaw drop: Pin-lock = awesome!

I did 200 Saturday with my peeps... :D

I can make out an older R6, a new Ninja 250 and a Hayabusa... I think it's a Gixxer down the line, but I wouldn't know the 600 from the 750 from the 1000 at that distance. Looks like a nice group.

I have to laugh a bit. My wife has ridden her Ninja 250 with a friend of hers that has a Hayabusa. :eek5: I think she had to take the lead.

Back