I need your opinion on a small dirt bike ..... FAST ..... PLEASE

Just to keep you guys in the loop - since I bought the PW 80 and my buddy snagged the PW 50 - I figured I would try to make it a clean sweep. :D
My boss still has a Kawasaki KX 65 and I'm thinking this would be a great learning bike for my GF. After MUCH thinking and discussion I think a dirt bike wouod be the perfect learning platform. LOL The are buolt with the understanding that you will be rough on them.....streetbikes.....not so much. So Rene is tiny. About 5'2" tall and 110lbs. I think that little Kawasaki would meet her size requirements and even be small enough for her to muscle it around a little if she needs to. I just don't feel comfortable starting her out on a bigger bike. So I told her about the plan and she is excited to give dirt a try. :D I think this is going to turn out good if I can pull it off.

Sent from my SPH-D710 using Tapatalk 2

^^^^^^^^^^^

Very good point. That is something that I have been HAMMERING into her right away. The boy also... I'm polite about it but unwavering. Not only do I want them to enjoy this new hobby but I want them to be sate. That is HUGE!
Injuries are the number 1 reason that people hate motorcycles. They were either hurt or someone they loved were hurt/killed. That kind of killed the experiences for the whole family.
Riding motorcycles is inherently dangerous. There is little to NO protection when you get into a wreck. I plan on making sure myself and my family are well protected. So I agree Blanchy.....start them young and it will be easier to raise them correctly.

Here are the 2 bikes that my buddy and I bought. The PW 80 and PW 50:

20120721_032508.jpg

20120721_032549.jpg

Now here is a pic of the Green Machine:

20120721_040008.jpg

And since this all started - I decided ........... "Wouldn't it be fun if Dad had a dirt bike also...........?????"
Yes it would be fun!!!! :cheerleader: :cloud9: :cheerleader:

I give to you my new DRZ 400 (bought from a different buyer)

drz054.jpg

It drives really nice!
I have driven a few dirt bikes but I have never owned one. LOL Now my whole family and inner-friend circle will be dirt!!!! :sinister:
I do not like the paint very much so I have been checking out different bikes. I think this DRZ will be my next painting project. :cheers:

It drives really nice!
I have driven a few dirt bikes but I have never owned one. LOL Now my whole family and inner-friend circle will be dirt!!!! :sinister:
I do not like the paint very much so I have been checking out different bikes. I think this DRZ will be my next painting project. :cheers:

hey Carl, pretty sure that's a graphics kit on the DRZ. No idea how hard it would be to remove.

(edit) Or what's under it. That's the way it was when my buddy bought it

Last edited:
hey Carl, pretty sure that's a graphics kit on the DRZ. No idea how hard it would be to remove.

(edit) Or what's under it. That's the way it was when my buddy bought it

Hey Phil - Yes I agree. It looks like a graphics kit to me too. I am probably going to use a heat guy to loosen the adhesive and peel it away.

Aren't those almost all decals? You will appreciate the white and blue in the heat over something like my solid black one.

Yes - I agree.
IDK - I kind of have a painting bug right now so I may try something "different" I have no idea what direction to go but the graphics kits are pretty expensive.

Back