I need help - Vibrations between 5 and 5,5k rpm

sychodan

Hi all together,

guays i need your help. i don´t know how to continue... :-/

I have bat Vibrations between 5 and 5,5 k rpm.

Its not a noise from the vent or the cooler cover (i dissasembled both and testdrove it).
its a really hard vibration, you can feel it in the whole motorcycle. thats cousing (sorry if the english title for that is something else) , that my hand is "sleeping in"

I´m a little depressed, couse i love my bike so much :-/
what i can say is that the vibrations feel like the come from under the tank (airbox engine etc etc) but could be wrong too....

no i dont know where to start?

i´ve read in some german forums, too much oil can couse that vibrations.
Or the engine srews should be tightened or something else?

i know its hard to help me over the internet, but i would really appreciate i´ve someone can give me some hints.

Best regards,
and sorry for my basic school english ;)
Dan

hi dualcert,

ich habe folgendes problem : wenn ich aus dem drehzahlkeller hochbeschleunige ist unter 5000 rpm und ab 6000 rpm alles ok, dazwischen vibriert des motorrad jedoch sehr schlimm, so dass mir die hände einschlafen und schmerzn.

ich weiß nicht mehr wonach ich suchen soll. ich hatte bereits den das schwarze tacho vent und die kühlerabdeckung abgebaut aber das war nicht das problem. ich denke es kommt vom motor :-/

in einem deutschen forum stand dass zuviel motoröl evtl ein problem sein kann.

hilfe :-/

@all non german speaking, hope you can help me also ;)

OK guys, Dan says:
From under 5,000 rpm and over 6,000 rpm everything ok, but in between vibrates very bad, so badly that his hands are going numb and falling asleep.
He doesn't really know what to be looking for. He believes it comes from the engine. On a German forum he read that it could be an issue of too much oil.

Ich übersetzt was sie fragen wollte, um in Englisch. Ich weiß nicht was das Problem ist aber jemand helfen können.
Ich habe manchmal mit deutschen K9 hier arbeiten in Afghanistan

Last edited:
I read something on here about engine mounting bolts coming loose , mainly the front ones , worth checking !! check exhaust is tight as well , In fact go around all bolts and check they are tight

There is a special way tighten the engine bolts isnt it ? As i mentioned i read you cannot take any one , that has to be the right folliwing isnt it ?

so a little update:

got home from work today a little earlier and used that time.

i did following things:

- reduced the amount of motoroil from max to between min and middle
- switched from the arrow header to stock
- tightened the motor srews (but they were allready tightened enough so no improvement

but:
something i did helped. the vibrations are much less than yesterday, they are still hearable, but the motorcycle is no way better driveable, couse you dont feel tem just 20% of yesterdays 100%.

i bought a carbtune yesterday and will sync my throttlebodies this week also, maybe theres another improvement.

"Großglockner" (in the austrian alps) im ready :)

Best regards,
dan

I don't want to sound disrespectful but maybe your just a little more sensitive to noise and vibration than most other people ??

Your other thread was about annoying intake noise and resonance with the airbox and now a thread about vibration.

You are sitting on top of 135 or more horsepower its going to make a little noise and let you know its actually running

I know my FZ1 has acceptable levels of intake noise and vibration compared to the last 20 bikes I've owned.

My point is most of what your experiencing is probably considered normal to most owners but don't let me discourage you from trying to improve YOUR bike in areas YOU consider to be a problem. Maybe we can all benefit from your work.

Hi Googan,

no its ok , i can unterstand you :) i´ve been also a little confused

First i thought the vibrations would be coused by the airbox mod, couse the vibrations came when the growling from the airbox was loudest.

and now the vibrations are much more less than a few days ago (as i said, i reduced oil from too much (over max) to min-medium and changed my header again)

the fz1 isnt also my first motorcycle so i know when the vibration is rather normal , or shouldnt be there :)

I also have an old rd350 and had very bad vibrations through the foot rests , this turned out to be caused by the exhaust mounting bolts being slightly off line with the rubber mounts / under too much tension . by filing out the mounting hole in the exhaust brackets so the bolt slid through nice and square solved the problem

so, its gone. :)

and delbert you where right, it was the undamped evotech exhaust hanger.
also tried to put some rubber between the akro and the evotech, but without any succes. after going back to the stock hanger with built-in rubber - it was gone.

Back