I love my bike!!

I REALLY DO! IT'S AN 08 WITH TWO BROTHERS EXHAUST, GUTTED CAT, AIR BOX MOD & K&N FILTER AND THAT'S IT. I'VE THOUGHT ABOUT DOING THE PC, FLIES, SPROCKET CHANGES ETC BUT AFTER RIDING IT AGAIN TODAY I CAN'T IMAGINE HOW IT COULD BE BETTER :wow: . I DO IN TOWN (CITY) RIDING AND ABOUT A 30 MINUTE HIGHWAY COMMUTE AND THIS BIKE ROCKS! MAYBE I JUST GOT THE "SPECIAL" BUILD (HAHA)..... JUST SAYIN

I REALLY DO! IT'S AN 08 WITH TWO BROTHERS EXHAUST, GUTTED CAT, AIR BOX MOD & K&N FILTER AND THAT'S IT. I'VE THOUGHT ABOUT DOING THE PC, FLIES, SPROCKET CHANGES ETC BUT AFTER RIDING IT AGAIN TODAY I CAN'T IMAGINE HOW IT COULD BE BETTER :wow: . I DO IN TOWN (CITY) RIDING AND ABOUT A 30 MINUTE HIGHWAY COMMUTE AND THIS BIKE ROCKS! MAYBE I JUST GOT THE "SPECIAL" BUILD (HAHA)..... JUST SAYIN

That'll happen...

I just removed the flies and added a PC3 with a map from the other site. DO IT!!! You will be enlarging the font then not just typing in all caps.

Matt

side effects may vary....:rmwl:

Thanks to all! I didn't realize that all caps could hurt somebody's ears.....Just couldn't control my excitement .... I know that I'll end up doing it at some point as that's the nature of the beast ( mods, mods and more mods ) I guess I should have sent that message to the engineers at Yamaha instead.....

My buddy and I just went for a ride. He has an 05 CBR 1000, I let him ride my 06 FZ1, and he was all smiles. He said "I love this bike, I really love this bike!" I agree, I love the FZ1. He said he may look into buying one for his next bike.

I know what you mean. My bike has been sitting for almost 2 months due to needing new tires and being too cheap / broke / lazy to change them. Well I put a new rear on the other day and took it for a quick few mile ride and I was all smiles. All I could think was "wow I forgot how fun this bike is" and how I really wish I didn't let it sit for so long...

Well, I started this thread last year and I really felt that my bike was as good as it could be.I even got some crap for writing it all in caps.... Wow, was I wrong! this winter I installed a PCIII, tied the secondary flies, modded the fuel line, blocked the AIS, vented the crankcase, installed a 16t sprocket and cut my exhaust down by 5" ( long winters here in Maine )..... I finally got to ride today and all I can say is I LOVE MY BIKE!!

With all that work how much difference did it make? when I bought my bike it already had the 16t sprocket so I don't know how much difference it makes.

I would say that the thing that stood out the most was how much smoother the bike is now ( at all RPM ranges ) and no popping from the exhaust. Plus it feels like there are no blank spots now, I feel like I could pull it up at anytime now. The fact that allot of these mods were dirt cheap doesn't hurt either !

Between the suspension and power mods, I find my FZ1 is easier to ride than ever. I still say a quality aftermarket shock is the best mod for the FZ1. You can always twist the throttle a little more, but you have no way to add compression damping to the stock shock.

yeah...it's fascinating. You see a machine and you think you gotta have it. You then dump your pride and joy that you've invested energy and untold hours into just because you think the new ride's gotta be better. Then you find, the new chick's a pain in the ass. She doesn't do what you want when you want her to and you find yourself longing for the old chick that did what you wanted, when you wanted her to. You find the old girl tripped your trigger and this new one.....well she's got a mind of her own and doesn't really do it for you.
I rode that train and went back and wooed her twin sister. Cost me a bundle but I'm back in the gene pool I started from. So word of caution. If you find that one that makes you grin and drool, don't think just cuz' some newer hotter chick rolls into your world, doesn't mean she's gonna do it for you like the love you got. I found out the hard way. I'm on my second Gen. 1 FZ and it'll be a cold day in hell that I let her go. I mean, if a brand spankin' new CBR1000RR couldn't make it work for me....what would? So I learned my lesson. Moral to the story, if you love what you got, appreciate her and ride her into the ground. She's probably your soul mate.

I would say that the thing that stood out the most was how much smoother the bike is now ( at all RPM ranges ) and no popping from the exhaust. Plus it feels like there are no blank spots now, I feel like I could pull it up at anytime now. The fact that allot of these mods were dirt cheap doesn't hurt either !
And you didn't type in all upper case!

Back