I know this isn't a motorcycle lol.

Port8080

Hello Everyone,

Long time no post!

Since I know a lot of Fz1 members here are in the IT field I figured I would post the specs and pics of my new Gaming rig.

Yes it's a computer submerged in mineral oil.

System Core:

Mobo: ASUS M4N82 DELUXE w/ nvidia 980a sli chipset
CPU: AMD Phenom II X4 965 Black Edition oc to 4ghz
RAM: 8gb GSKILL DDR2 1200
Video: Geforce 275 GTX 896mb
PSU: Aprevia Warlock 1100w
Sound: Creative sound blaster x-fi titanium fatal1ty professional
OS: Vista home premium 64 bit. ( I hate it but can't argue with 64 bit os and dx 10)
Storage / burning:

Plextor PX-B310U Blue Ray Player / Dvd Burner
LG super multi slim external dvd burner / player

1TB Sata HD 7200 rpm

Accessories:

CPU Cooler: Cooler Master Hyper Z600 6-Heatpipe w/ 2 120mm 3krpm fans
Fish Tank: Aqua Culture 14 gallon
HD Cooler: Masscool SYTRIN Kuformula Hard Drive Cooler
External Temp Gauge: XION XON-MTR002B Flip up Colored LCD Thermal Control Panel
Oil cooler: Magicool Xtreme quad 480 radiator with 4 120mm Antec Gren LED fans set to high
Monitors: Acer 23" h233h Samsung Syncmaster 22"

Notes:

Processor comes stock at 3.4ghz I have it oc to 4.0ghz

I'm adding a second radiator system to circulate the oil faster.

On max load the oil temp is 32C and the CPU max is between 36C and 42C

Thats cool
I think your abit low on fluid tho.
I want benchmarks on that rig.

Here are my specs.
XPS630i
CPU = Q9550 @ 3.8ghz / 4.2ghz for benching
Psu = Cosair 750w
Cpu Cooler = Thermalright (True Black)
Mobo = Asus Maximus II Formula
Memory = 4gb OCZ Reaper 5-5-5-15 1086mhz
Vid card = GTX 280 735/1320/1500
3dmark06 = 20589
3dmark Vantage = 15508

Here are my specs
Computer with monitor, wireless keyboard and wireless mouse.

That is about all i know about them. LOL

Yes it's submerged in mineral oil. Oil does not conduct electricity. The purpose of the oil is to disperse the heat equally. However, it's more for just looks than anything else. I could have easily built a complex water cooling system which would keep things much cooler.

But you can't stare at your water cooling system for hours looking at the bubble float around near the treasure chest lol.

I haven't fully pushed my computer to it's max but will do so soon lol. I want to hold off until I get the 2nd radiator system. My goal is to have complete temp control over the oil and computer parts. I want to have to say oh it's getting a bit cold I should turn it down a notch. Sigh* I Should be able to soon, I hope.

I do need to add a little bit more oil but I keep the oil level about an inch lower from the top due to the fact I don't want oil wicking up through the ports and into my usb devices.

Another plus about this system is that I don't worry about people stealing my computer from my dorm because it weighs about 250lbs. When I move out I'll have to drain the oil back into the containers they came into to move it.

On a side note, I've always wanted to build a mineral oil computer and now that it's done or nearly complete I'm still in aww that it's infront of me. All I can do is think of things to add onto it. Such as, put the radiator into a minifridge or modify a mini fridge so that I can pump the oil through that instead. I'd have to say I enjoy my computer system just as much my motorcycle. Sigh * I wish I could go riding now.

Last edited:
Hello Everyone,

Long time no post!

Since I know a lot of Fz1 members here are in the IT field I figured I would post the specs and pics of my new Gaming rig.

Yes it's a computer submerged in mineral oil.

System Core:

Mobo: ASUS M4N82 DELUXE w/ nvidia 980a sli chipset
CPU: AMD Phenom II X4 965 Black Edition oc to 4ghz
RAM: 8gb GSKILL DDR2 1200
Video: Geforce 275 GTX 896mb
PSU: Aprevia Warlock 1100w
Sound: Creative sound blaster x-fi titanium fatal1ty professional
OS: Vista home premium 64 bit. ( I hate it but can't argue with 64 bit os and dx 10)
Storage / burning:

Plextor PX-B310U Blue Ray Player / Dvd Burner
LG super multi slim external dvd burner / player

1TB Sata HD 7200 rpm

Accessories:

CPU Cooler: Cooler Master Hyper Z600 6-Heatpipe w/ 2 120mm 3krpm fans
Fish Tank: Aqua Culture 14 gallon
HD Cooler: Masscool SYTRIN Kuformula Hard Drive Cooler
External Temp Gauge: XION XON-MTR002B Flip up Colored LCD Thermal Control Panel
Oil cooler: Magicool Xtreme quad 480 radiator with 4 120mm Antec Gren LED fans set to high
Monitors: Acer 23\" h233h Samsung Syncmaster 22\"

Notes:

Processor comes stock at 3.4ghz I have it oc to 4.0ghz

I'm adding a second radiator system to circulate the oil faster.

On max load the oil temp is 32C and the CPU max is between 36C and 42C

**jaw drops to the floor** sweet gaming rig dude!

Thats cool! How about putting another piece of glass in the middle of the tank so you can put oil in half and water in half, then you could add some tropical fish that love warm water. lol

lol I was actually thinking about sectioning off the tank. I'd rather go for a more difficult challenge like developing a scuba diving suit for a fish and having it leave in mineral oil lol.

:blahblah:

if you wanted to post pictures of that pc, on a motorcycle forum you should have at least used a radiator from a FZ1 and water-wetter, maybe break fluid for the better boiling point.

I just had a demonstration of a new fire supressent that is meant for a wet system that is completely safe for electronics because they thought it would be funny to use mine as a joke/demonstration.

Should of showed them this......

Back