I know, I know - But it's free!

Well, after a track day of pushing it, standing on the pegs and 9-11k rpm, this week I will have a sight-seeing day riding a Heritage Classic! That's a full-bagger HD, in all its 900 lb. glory! Anticipating the laid-back cruising and the vib-b-b-b-b-ration of a heavy-metal twin! I am not switching sides y'all - just taking advantage of an opportunity to borrow a cruiser to tour the Ozarks in N. Arkansas! I'll let you know what it's like NOT doing the passing! LOL

I had a super time with me and Richie out in Vegas on a Road King a couple of years back. It was a pleasant change from racing around everywhere to cruising through the desert and canyons in what felt like your livingroom easy chair. Also, I liked the fact that we had a ton of storage room for souveniers, water, etc. I know there's no way you'll switch over to the "dark side", so enjoy yourself and have a great time!

Hehehe, sorry gotta laugh. Just don't dig those floorboards too deep into the road Jeff!

Have fun and safe trip, the weather looks to be perfect.

You will have a blast. N. Arkansas is beautiful and there is not a straight road in that state (except the interstates). Even those are outlined by beautiful scenery. You will enjoy it but I bet you anything you wish for your FZ1. Cruising through those roads would be nice but tearing through those roads is a lot of fun.
Have a good ride and be safe.

The responses are so spot on above. When I rode my friend's VStar 1300 around for the week before he got here it really was a pleasure to just enjoy the outdoors, the wind, and the gentle rumble of the V-Twin. Something about our bikes, it's nearly impossible to go slow. They seem to tug at us like my Doberman on his leash. They want to run and run fast. They have a mind of their own. That's my story officer and I'm sticking with it.

The responses are so spot on above. When I rode my friend's VStar 1300 around for the week before he got here it really was a pleasure to just enjoy the outdoors, the wind, and the gentle rumble of the V-Twin. Something about our bikes, it's nearly impossible to go slow. They seem to tug at us like my Doberman on his leash. They want to run and run fast. They have a mind of their own. That's my story officer and I'm sticking with it.

I agree...on a cruiser you just don't want to go fast as most of the time it's not that much fun. I've been thinking about adding a cruiser to the stable for when I'm just not in a hurry to get anywhere. Nothing fancy, just something used in the $2-3k range like a nice Virago 1100 ;)

I KNOW! I rode a friends Honda Shadow the other day, after reinstalling the rear tire, and it was so cushy! I must say, I don't relax like that on my FZ. The demon constantly nags me to go fast. :)

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Well, 325 miles today. 3/4 on the Hog, 1/4 on the Wing. Wow, what a difference there! I've now become used to the sound of scraping metal, loud pipes, and being passed by everyone (my guide preferred 63 mph in a 70 zone...). Have to say both bikes have their advantages, but the HD is probably the only one I would buy. It was really impressive and a unique experience.

Handling was much better and more nimble than I expected, though stopping needs a little planning. Interesting taking off without having to add throttle, and cruising at what seems like 20 rpm.

Very comfy, and with the Cali bars, open and controllable.

I am still vibrating though....

Goldwing is like hopping into a Caddy Eldorado from the 80's, but it is way more agile than it feels or looks, but just doesn't have any excitement or feel or sound like a motorcycle.

I understand the HD mystique now - it is a pretty cool ride.

I had a super time with me and Richie out in Vegas on a Road King a couple of years back. It was a pleasant change from racing around everywhere to cruising through the desert and canyons in what felt like your livingroom easy chair. Also, I liked the fact that we had a ton of storage room for souveniers, water, etc. I know there's no way you'll switch over to the "dark side", so enjoy yourself and have a great time!

but billy, i thought WE WERE the dark side?!

It was a great ride!

pyrogenic-albums-cruizin-picture2122-wonder-how-will-do-texas-world-speedway.jpg

pyrogenic-albums-cruizin-picture2123-owning-road-cruiser-style.jpg

pyrogenic-albums-cruizin-picture2124-heritage-classic-counter-balanced-loud-california-bars-custom-seat-nice-ride.jpg

Back