I hate CL

Okay its free so you get what you pay for.

"Hi do you still have the dishwasher for sale?" Yes, would you like to see it? "No I'm busy for the next 5 days." So why did you call me?

-Or-

They call twice, I have my wife call them. "Hi do you still have the dishwasher for sale?" Yes, would you like to see it? "I need to talk to my husband first." Then why did you call twice about it if you're not ready to see it?

-Or-

"Hi do you still have the dishwasher for sale?" Yes. "Would you take $20 for it?" (Asking $75) Uh, no. Would you like to see it? "No."

:eyebrow:

These people certainly aren't unique to Craigslist. Anywhere cheap stuff is for sale, a moron is not far away :D Trust me, the paid listing services are just as stupid.

My ex was a realtor and property manager and the calls she would field every single day were absolutely hilarious. The voice mails were even better! Makes you wonder...

Last edited:
after posting my last motorcycle on craigslist, i swear ill never use it again. Nothing but tire kickers and people wanting to trade me a crashed 1994 suzuki with salvaged title. One owner, bought new in 94, wrecked in 95, and has been sitting in the barn since.

Yea, sometimes CL is not worth the aggravation. I have been able to find good deals on there. My last two bikes were bought from CL ads...

I've sold several items with CL , no different morons than a paid classified ad in the local paper.
Either way you have to sift through the crud but CL is free!!!!

You are dealing with the product of our public education system, what do you expect.LOL I have had some very good experiences with CL. I bought my FZ1 off of CL a couple years ago for example. I paid $3150 for a 2003 in nice shape with 12k on it. It might have something to do with the area of the country too. Nothings is perfect.

I've also noticed that people who sell things on CL typically way overvalue their stuff. Like a 1992 Honda XL250 for $1700! Or a 2008 Ninja 250 for $3900. Or any "Bobber" post for more than $1500.

That said I found a low use WR250F for $1700.

It is what it is.

Sent from my LG-P925 using Tapatalk

Yeah. CL should have a rating system, wherein searchers can click on an idiot button. Other searchers will see that result in a fainter and fainter font as more people click the idiot button until at some point all the clicks add up to a flag and the posting is removed. Most of what's out there is a complete waste of time.

Yeah. CL should have a rating system, wherein searchers can click on an idiot button. Other searchers will see that result in a fainter and fainter font as more people click the idiot button until at some point all the clicks add up to a flag and the posting is removed. Most of what's out there is a complete waste of time.

Great idea. That what I like about EB, for the most part. What I don't like about EB are the fees! I don't mind paying for the service but 10%+ between EB & PP is crazy.

Sent from my LG-P925 using Tapatalk

I gotta say, I have sold a LOT of things on CL. Bought a lot also. Its a love hate thing.

Pain in the ass dealing with people, but its free and it works.

Back