I got big problems 2008 FZ1

Rodizle

Ok so my bike was running fine and I stoped at a light. When I went to start going again my bike stalled and sounded like shit. It sounds like its missing a cylinder or two. The mods that I have are PC3, GTYR slip-on, Air box mod, and AIS block off plates.. Any ideas? thanks

Start with unplugging the power commander if that fixes the problem try cleaning the connections and plug it back in.

Check that all connections are clean and tight at the battery

Make sure battery is in good condition

Check under tank for kinked fuel line ( many have had this problem )
do a search on the fuel line

Your modification list did not include a FCE from Ivans performance.
If you do have an FCE try removing it also.

Did the problem start after a fill up ?? Bad fuel ?

Have any codes ? did you check codes ?

Pretty much what he said...

I was going to suggest trying to unplug your PCIII as well and see if it makes any difference. It sounds like it's ignition related like the coils or the sparkplugs.

It has a 35 on the gauge and from what I have found its a the #3 coil. I will look into it more in the morning and get back on and update. I did fill up before it started but so did the rest of my club. no one had any problems.

THANKS FELLAS

Spray some water on the header pipes and see if they are all heating up. If it's a plug or a coil you'll be able to tell easy and quick that way.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

OK I check into it some more this morning. I started it and checked it header pipe and the middle two are not getting hot. After that I unpluged the PC3 and went into checking the coils. (The coils are the spark plug caps right?) I switched the outside one with the middle and it ran the same. Any help?

I guess anything can happen these days with all the electronic stuff controlling the ignition on our bikes, but it's strange that cylinders 1&4 are firing OK and the center two quit. Usually when the ECU craps out you get nothing. Hopefully you'll get the newer unit and can report on how that seems in relation to your stock one. I'd especially like to know if the fuel cut is any different.

Well I got a call today and they said my new ECU was in and my bike will be done tomorrow. I asked if it was the newer ECU and they said no, its the same one and its a warranty will only put in what they took out nothing newer. LAME ass shit. Oh well we will see how it runns.

Well, 2011 ECU or not, hopefully this fixes the issue and gets you back out on the road! I'd be happy just getting the bike back and running good. Will this repair be covered or are you expected to shell out some bucks?

Well, 2011 ECU or not, hopefully this fixes the issue and gets you back out on the road! I'd be happy just getting the bike back and running good. Will this repair be covered or are you expected to shell out some bucks?

Yes yes, I will be happy to get it back and no I will not have to pay...

Did you remove the PCIII before taking to the dealer?

Can just see the lame excuse that it caused you ecu to go south....

No I did not. They are the ones that told me my bike was way to lean and I needed it. I this dealer they look past things to help you out some times. Plus the PC3 didnt mess with the ECU.. I dont think.

Call Yamaha corporate and make them to agree on the newest ECU. That is just plain nonsense that they will put the older one. Why Triumph and Buell etc invite their customers for the latest ECU flashes then?

Back