I come from a Land Downunder

cookie99

Hi folks,

I am an old fart (63) who is on his 61st and 62nd bikes 03 FZ1 Bee and 08 1250 Suzuki Bandit.

Great to see the variety of folk here and look forward to much interaction on the forum.

I don't drive due to some leg injuries but ride two bikes 7 days a week (average 2000+ kilometers a week)

I live in Melbourne and am only about 20 minutes from some of the best riding roads in the world and I will post photos of same.

Great to meet you all.

Chris

Den,

No mate, I raced bikes for 24 years both Motocross/Enduro and Track so at times I had up to seven bikes.

Working in the mines of North Queensland in the 70's we earned a fortune and you can guess where most of mine went.

Hi Enigma,

Care to send some of your extra rainwater down to sunny Melbourne, we could sure use it.

Nice to meet you folks.

Welcome

Welcome from the Great White North!
You can have some of our moisture if you don't mind the solid kind. We are getting the third week of the white stuff now and the novelty of shoveling has worn off already, go figure. 8 foot dunes ( not the kind you can quad on) in some places, buried two city buses on one street.

Hot, Dry and sunny sounds pretty good about now.

Last edited:
Hellooo down under. Welcome from the land of fruits and nuts. Yes, it does rain in southern calif, got a monsoon monday! 50-70 mph winds and a ton of rain. Ride safe mate. :australia:

Welcome Cookie,
Glad to see that there is at least one other rider in the 60 plus class that still enjoys a sport bike. You sure do pile up the kilo's. I thought 13,000 miles in a year was an accomplishment. Now I guess I better start riding. I'm headed for Lake Havasu, AZ in 19 days, and I'll be able to get some miles out there. With a foot and a half of snow on the ground there's no more riding in Northern Michigan this year. If I could transport some of the white stuff to you I'd send you a bunch as we're scheduled to get another 6" today.

Back