HyperPro suspension which to choose

mies

I have a Question about HyperPro suspension.

I want to upgrade my suspension and have choosen HyperPro for it. It's a Dutch company and not to far away from where I live :)

I contacted them last week via Email to ask about the possibilities they have for the FZ1-N.

The had a few options for me (all prices are whith them removing the stuff fom the bike and putting the new stuff on)

Front and Rear Suspension Upgrade (only Springs) for $ 496

Front Spring for $ 304

Back Spring for $ 206

They state from HyperPro that the above mentioned set should increase handling with about 70%. Bike should stir better, should stop faster, has more reserve on the spring and is better suited for riding with baggae and/or passenger.

But then they also have 2 replacements for the entire stock back Shock.

The Emulsion Shock and a 3D Shock

Emulsion Shock for $ 593

3D Shock for $ 1020

Now my question is which one should i take. I use the bike for commuting/Touring and also hope to do a trackday or 2 a year.

My first tought would be the Front and Rear Suspension Upgrade. Don't think i can justify the huge price differance there is between the spring and the 3D shock.

Kind regards,

Michel

Last edited:
IMHO you should go with the front springs and their Emulsion shock for the rear. That should cover what you want to do with the bike. The stock rear shock is pretty much junk...

I have installed their spring set using the stock rear shock. It is a vast improvement over stock. But the replacing the Shock and Spring would be even a better improvement. It Just depends on what your willing to pay to get the despired effect. For my needs the Springs alone did enough improvement for what I am willing to Spend.

BTW mine is a GEN I so take my word as a grain of salt but I was satified enough the Few track days I did with just springs. But I do remember the rear shock being better on Gen I's...

-Z

BTW mine is a GEN I so take my word as a grain of salt but I was satified enough the Few track days I did with just springs. But I do remember the rear shock being better on Gen I's...

-Z

That is the key right there. The stock Gen I rear shock was better than the Gen II one.

Don't go the emulsion shock.

There is no divider between the oil and the gas in the shock so they are free to intermix. And after a hard ride the resulting mixture has the damping ability of phlegm.

I got Hyperpros 3d shock and couldn't be happier

I am still not completly sure. When I first read it I loved the idea of the 3D shock bot the pricedifferance is quite big and I do not know if it is worth the differance.

Also can't test it to feel the differance.

And 600 EUR / 800 Dollar is quite a bick chunck of change.

Will prob have to wait until I get some money back from the IRS. But also have to convince my wife ;)

The explanaition from Hyperpro about the Emulsion and 3D Shock:

The emulsion can only adjust the shock preload and rebound and does not have a separate nitrogen tank.

The 3D shock has, in addition to the spring preload and rebound damping, also adjustment of the damping and this in both the LowSpeed as the high speed range, so that the shock absorber in also in this range can be adjusted as desired.

Also, the 3D shock has a separate nitrogen tank. Making the damping more constant than an emulsion shock and therefore having a better and more direct feeling with the bike.
This is particularly interesting for sportier driving or riding offroad example.
Of course, both shocks will improve the handling of your machine.

Our dampers are therefore completely customized, and custimized for your use, handling, weight, duo passenger or not, etc.
This means that we produce the shocks on order.
Both shocks are optionally provided with length adjustment (which makes it possible to increase or decrease the hight of your machine, for example for sharper steering response on a track) and a hydraulic preload adjuster. Lets you make preload adjustment via a dial. This is especially useful in many diverse riding with luggage and / or a duo passenger.

The options of length adjustment and hydraulic preload adjuster are respectively $ 86 and $ 276.

Last edited:
Hi Mies,

I mailed hyperpro about their Street box, its the emulsion shock and springs, fit on the fz1: 650 euros.
(speratly according to your info it should cost 897.
I'm going to Wijchen for that setup as soon as I have the fz1 back from Termaat (yamaha dealer).

Goedemiddag Tim

Bedankt voor de interresse in onze producten
Het complete pakket zal uitkomen op € 650,- inc btw

Met vriendelijke groet,

Erik de Rover

Hi Tim,

Thanks for the responce. The prices I placed here are in Dollars. The prices I have in Euros are about the same as yours only I do not have the price of the pakkage.

Don't go the emulsion shock.

There is no divider between the oil and the gas in the shock so they are free to intermix. And after a hard ride the resulting mixture has the damping ability of phlegm.

I got Hyperpros 3d shock and couldn't be happier
this is the first time i've read about this, do you have any article or something to back this up??

Finaly decided which upgrade I am going to use for the suspension.

Going to get the Front and rear upgraded by HyperPro.

Front will be springs and new oil, standard package.
The back will be the 3D Shock with Hose.

Talked with them today and going to visit them in the comming 2 weeks to talk everything tru and hopefully order my new suspension. :)

Back