Hypercoil Spring

Does anyone know what size Hypercoil spring fits the Gen1? I see that they have two different size inside diameters. A 2-1/2" and a 2-1/4". Also, will this spring fit on a stock shock housing? Thanks.

I leave that to the professionals.

Lee (sportryder on FZ1OA) is the resident shock guru for Traxxion Dynamics.

Great customer Service and very knowledgeable. (Plus mine needs to be rebuilt and will have them upgrade spring when it is all broken apart)

BroHay

I gotcha Bro. Thanks for the link. I'll either call or send an e-mail to find out the particulars. I hope you had a great New Years Day. I tried to go down and get the front wheel back on after putting the stripe kit on it but the frigid temps didn't allow that. Ten minutes on the outside was unbearable. I think the high temp. here today was 19 degrees and 6 degrees with the wind chill factor. It really sucks the big one. I am going to try for Saturday afternoon again. Then I will remove the rear and bring that one upstairs to so the same. The stripe kit is awesome. Really sets off the wheel. Thanks again.

So it's not the 4" spring? How hard is it to swap out the spring on the shock housing? Thanks Bro!

not difficult if you have access to a large press and one of these.
808c_1.JPG

you are compressing a spring with a dangerous amount of potential energy so be careful.

Last edited:
ah gotcha. thats the problem with being a new member, even when I click new posts it brings up some realy old stuff.
oh well maybe someone else will find the info usefull. I tried several methods befor picking up a large bearing removal tool from harbor freight for about $10
Now spring swaps take me only a couple of minutes.

ah gotcha. thats the problem with being a new member, even when I click new posts it brings up some realy old stuff.
oh well maybe someone else will find the info usefull. I tried several methods befor picking up a large bearing removal tool from harbor freight for about $10
Now spring swaps take me only a couple of minutes.

I actually got the same set of bearing pulls when we did the steering head and switched over to tapered bearings. I left the set with Eric (FZ1inNH) for him to hold. The kit weighed a TON and I didn't want to ride 4 hours home from New Hampshire with it.

Bearing pulls

do you have a reference to the bearing pulls? I am hoping to replace the head bearings on my honda cbx in the near future.

Back