Howdy doody from Straya

Howdy all, just bought my 2013 FZ1N just the other day. Previously had a 2004 R1 but sold it a few years ago and haven't ridden again till now. When we picked the bike up we bought bar end mirrors and ordered an exhaust and the tail tidy is on the way from eBay. Not a big rider but do love my toys.

Anyway that's me, I've been a bit of a forum junkie in bodybuilding sites but have been a bit distracted with life lately.

:welcome: I think you will like the FZ1. I think it may be the same engine as the '04 R1, just detuned a bit. The last of the 5 valve per cylinder bikes. Glad to have you here!

Welcome aboard fellow Radelaidean. You'll love it, which dealer did you go through? Those mods will be the start of many. Trust me, I had those mods and shorty levers to start with, then ended up dropping a lot of coin on suspension, wheels, bars, grips etc. This is a whole new addiction for me.

Welcome and congrats on the new ride! Between the FZ1 and FZ6 guys I've met in the forums here, I just have to get down there for a vacation!

Ride safe!

Thanks guys!

Welcome aboard fellow Radelaidean. You'll love it, which dealer did you go through? Those mods will be the start of many. Trust me, I had those mods and shorty levers to start with, then ended up dropping a lot of coin on suspension, wheels, bars, grips etc. This is a whole new addiction for me.

I went through Coast Yamaha down south, really helpful bunch of guys, would def recommend going there for sales and service. I certainly will be! I cant go too far with mods, got too many addictions and toys already lol. I've got bodybuilding, missus has a VE SS and we're all into our technology. Oh and we have 4 kids to feed too, so they get thrown in there somewhere lol

Just fitted the new exhaust and bar end mirrors. Sounds and looks heaps better. Tail tidy should get here tomorrow then it's look really good. I got my original bar end weights machined too, so that I can attach the bar end mirrors to the stock weights instead of playing round with the bar. It also gave me a little extra length so my hands don't rub on the proper mirror mounts. I think it turned out pretty well
View attachment 14734View attachment 14735

Thanks guys.

No power commander, should I have? This isn't quite my forte lol.

Sunday for me is supposed to be raining, again(in the hills). Same as the rest of my days off! Bugger!!

If you do get a power commander, get Nevill Lush down at Victa to dyno tune it for you. Mine's booked in for mid June, everyone I know who has had them done there has nothing but praise for his skills. He can also supply the PC unit too as he is a dealer for Dynojet.

Yeah there is, If you get a slip on and add a good aftermarket high flow air filter (eg K&N) with a powercommander 5 (PCV) you will see a huge improvement not only in horsepower, but in the power delivery. You can get maps for the PCV off the net to get you close with current upgrades you have installed, but there is nothing like having it mapped specifically for your bike as every bike is different.

Nevill has a long waiting list to get in as his services are in demand, not only from the street riders, but also the racers out there too.

Back