How was your ride to work

OK it's winter, kinda. My ride was mid 30's and thick fog but after work will a long way home. Maybe a tank full of fun :sport12:

Dark and 1 degree Celcius this morning, after a hard rain riding home last night. Roads had dried off so I said "what the hell". I work 11 km from home but for some strange reason it took 120 km to get home the other day. Might take the long way home again today.

The forecast looks terrible for the weekend and next week, snow almost every day starting Saturday. I wanted to turn the odometer over the 52,000 mark, and did on the way to work this morning.

This year is a record for me with over 22,000 km.

That is some riding. Way to be brave.

Multi layer gear and heated grips are your friend. I was really watching the road surface and avoiding dark patches. Maybe another day of good weather this week so I have to take advantage of it. Tomorrow will be warmer, (for the high) but -3 for the ride to work.

Same as yesterday morning. Thermometer at my house read 48 degrees when I left this morning at around 6:00 am. 31 miles one way commute to work. Chuck Taylor tennis shoes, jeans, t-shirt, sweatshirt, leather jacket, leather gauntlet gloves, neck wrap, full-faced helmet. Hands got just a tiny bit cold. Other than that it was nice. Currently 58 degrees, should be about 68-70 degrees for the ride home around 3:00 pm. About half of the trip is in traffic, the other half (closest to my house) is twisty back-roads. The ride home is usually nicer than the ride in. The dogs and several ice-cold beers should be waiting for me when I get home. :cheers:

Pic from ride in to work back in June:

525936_4208837266030_1443783712_n.jpg

Must be a bummer to live anywhere but San Diego....

72 Degrees Sunny and nice for my 34 mile Commute around 8:30am this morning.

Because Lane Sharing is legal I still made it to work in 30 min even though 3 lanes on the freeway were shut down due to an accident.

Currently 95 degrees and should still be in the 80's when I leave at 5 to head home.

I will be able to pull out the liner on my new Joe Rocket Jacket my wife bought me for our anniversary last month and enjoy the venting on it., Jeans, Alpinestar vented gloves, Icon Boots.

:yes:

Well, it's been raining hard after months of unusually dry weather. The benefit of the torrential rain is that it keeps the temperatures up so mornings are hovering around 5 degrees (40F). :yes:

Yeah, maybe... How much does a modest 1,900 sq ft house on 3 acres in the country go for out in San Diego? :sinister:

Eh, to get Acres of land you have to live in the eastern part of the county where there is more open land, and you will pay anywhere from $100k - $1mil depending on the location, etc etc.

I live in a 1280sqft 3 bedroom, 2 bath, 2 car garage home with a pool about 5 miles from the Ocean. I paid $246k back in March 2008.

Yes it is more expensive than North Carolina, but any price is worth not having to deal with the Humidity and Giant bugs. I have family back there and have seen it first hand. :cheers:

Cooollllddddddd, Everything was freezing and I was wearing long johns and jacket and gloves....I think i'm sick now from too much cold air blowing on my neck... It was about 20% colder than everything else...

Eh, to get Acres of land you have to live in the eastern part of the county where there is more open land, and you will pay anywhere from $100k - $1mil depending on the location, etc etc.

I live in a 1280sqft 3 bedroom, 2 bath, 2 car garage home with a pool about 5 miles from the Ocean. I paid $246k back in March 2008.

Yes it is more expensive than North Carolina, but any price is worth not having to deal with the Humidity and Giant bugs. I have family back there and have seen it first hand. :cheers:

Oh, well you kinda cheated by pulling out the "humidity card" up front like that. We could have gone back and forth for days but it's hard to trump that card. :surrender:

Wow, it's dirt cheap down there in SoCal! 5 miles from the ocean? Amazing!

You guys have it good

Not sure if sarcastic or not......

Oh, well you kinda cheated by pulling out the "humidity card" up front like that. We could have gone back and forth for days but it's hard to trump that card. :surrender:

HAHA, yeah I know for some people it is not too bad, for me it is a deal breaker.

$265,000 buys basically nothing up here. The best you could do is an apartment, maybe. It wouldn't be in the city though!

Here's an example. 1000 square-foot apartment that's not even in the downtown (but it has a view of it!) for $530,000

oh wow, that is not cheap at all. And here I always thought cost of livening in Canada was less than in the US. I guess it probably is once you get out in the boonies...

Things are a bit more expensive if you want to live in downtown San Diego, I live about 45 miles north of downtown so prices are a bit lower, and I am not in a super upscale neighborhood, but there are plenty of options in this part of the country.

My mom lives in Grants Pass Oregon and paid $300k for a bigger house than mine on 2 acres with a full size barn in a nice area. Place is probably only worth about $230k with the current market.

Cost of living is probably 30-50% higher on average out here in BC. Everything is much more expensive. We're also taxed more and earn less on average I think. It's not so bad though

This just sold in my neighbourhood. This town is nice but it's quiet and pretty far away from the larger cities. You're an hour from the downtown any time of the day. There isn't a lot to do and we're isolated by two rivers so you've always got to cross a bridge to get somewhere with good shopping, etc.

Last edited:
Back