How to save 5.75 lbs off your bike in 5 minutes

Almost any garage should have a load tester and some places will actually do it for free. The key here is to get an amprage draw like starting your vehicle and when amps goes up volts go down and if they go down to far battery is no good. Its been awhile since I've done it so don't quote me. There is a way to do it with a regular multimeter but people usually end up popping the fuse in it and some of those you can't replace. Good luck.

I got the 4 cell battery in today for the R6 and moved the eight cell to the FZ1. The FZ1 battery weighs 8.54 lbs. So by changing to the 8 cell you save 6.82 lbs. Not bad at all for $90.

The 4 cell is amazingly tiny. I need to scare up some more foam to block it into the R6 battery box.

Last edited:
Thanks for the info, but unfortunately for me, I just forked out about $160.00 for a stock battery for my bike about two months ago. Do you think local shop would take it back and trade for this battery??????

8 Cell EVO 2

Dimensions: 112MM (L) x 60MM (W) x 103MM (H)
Positive Terminal Location: Left
Weight: 825 grams (1.81 lb)
Voltage (Charged): 13.6V
Amperage: 15 Pbeq A/H
Cold Cranking Amps: 275 CCA
Operating Environment: -18°C (0°F) to 60°C (140°F)
Typical Applications: 1000cc and under multi-cylinder motorcycles and 450cc singles.

You can use a battery tender as long as it shuts off at 14.something volts.

Back